• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you use to cap your bleed line?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

explorer

I was just wondering what everyone uses to cap their bleedlines, I am yet to find a good cap that stays put.

Explorer

I use a 3/8npt 1/2inch hosebarb and a threaded cap, works really good!

I use a toilet stopcock valve with a 1/2" barbed fitting on one end which is bolted into the top of my case. makes filling/bleeding mad easy. I attach some flexible pipe to the other end of the thread when I want to fill.

cheapest thing I've used is a bolt with 2 hose clamps. Find a bolt that is snug in the tube, then thread it in and secure with 2 hose clamps. Not ideal, but it will work in a pinch.

My friend uses a small cork. It works fine I guess, not sure it makes too much of a difference what you use.

i find it strange wen some people say "works really good!" or "its the best!" (AND with the exclamation mark).. its just an extra precaution from water spilling.. almost anything works as long as it fits in the tube..

people getting so over exciting about a cap.. :(

Liss said:
i find it strange wen some people say "works really good!" or "its the best!" (AND with the exclamation mark).. its just an extra precaution from water spilling.. almost anything works as long as it fits in the tube..

people getting so over exciting about a cap.. :(
The most important issue is to make sure the system is AIR TIGHT. When it is, there is no evaporation and will be no spillage.

I've also folded the tube over on itself in a "Z" and crimped it flat with zip ties. This gave it 2 crimp points and sealed fine.

omg mine is soo ownage, I have the best, the greatest, you will all be in oww after you read what I use!!

one of those mini flat head screw driver handles:D you wont be able to find anything better if it takes you your WHOLE life. This thing made a 8728347203c temp difference and has saved my a$$ many times when I tip my case over.

Warlord2 said:
omg mine is soo ownage, I have the best, the greatest, you will all be in oww after you read what I use!!

one of those mini flat head screw driver handles:D you wont be able to find anything better if it takes you your WHOLE life. This thing made a 8728347203c temp difference and has saved my a$$ many times when I tip my case over.
:drool:

Back