• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Is The Best pc3200 ram??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm sure it is debetable, but I give my money to GEIL from now on. They use 4.5 ns chips on their high end stuff and the ram looks stunning.

MoonWolf said:
I'm sure it is debetable, but I give my money to GEIL from now on. They use 4.5 ns chips on their high end stuff and the ram looks stunning.

2nd the GEIL, they also like high volts. 3.1+

Geil

Wait so Geil is really that good. Hmmm back to Newegg hehe:D :D :D I thought corsair XMS pc3200 c2 was the best

Re: Geil

Legend911 said:
Wait so Geil is really that good. Hmmm back to Newegg hehe:D :D :D I thought corsair XMS pc3200 c2 was the best

I can almost promise you that that would be a BIG mistake.

to me (and plenty others), Geil is known as the "flea market" brand of memory. in other words, its sh*t.

I had the PC3500 DCDDR stuff and it wouldnt even run at advertised speeds while at relaxed timings.

meanwhile, my plain-Jane Corsair XMS PC3200 runs well over advertised speeds and some. ;)

i have two great sticks of corsair xms memory, and havent had a problem since. i can't imagine 3200 would be any worse hehe... my recommendation is corsair xms

hmn although i like my corsair, the only timings which it will run at 210 fsb is 6-3-3-2.5 which only gives it 3100ish mb/s :)

tried all kinds of lower timings, it gets in windows at 210@[email protected] volts but fails prime95 on the first test.

OrionRU said:
hmn although i like my corsair, the only timings which it will run at 210 fsb is 6-3-3-2.5 which only gives it 3100ish mb/s :)

tried all kinds of lower timings, it gets in windows at 210@[email protected] volts but fails prime95 on the first test.

I'm amazed at how many people complain that they crash or fail after they run their RAS (cycle time) at less than 5 at speeds over 200MHz. It is recommended to run RAS at 6 at 200fsb. You can cut down to 5, but you take a small chance of data corruption. Anything less than 5 is just data corruption or stability issues waiting to happen. Plus, I may add, RAS has very little effect on speed but can have a big effect on stability.

My whole point is if you want to try tight timings at 210fsb...try this: 7-2-2-2. If it works, then try 6-2-2-2. You may even get 5-2-2-2 to work. Another note, you may notice that I am running my memory @ 216 fsb with 5-2-2-2. I was not able to do that right away. The best I could do initially at 216fsb was 7-2-2-2. After a few days of Burn-in crunching Seti, I was able to change to 5-2-2-2 without errors.

Hammer

no no you mis understood, it doesnt work on 7-2-2-2

the tighest is what i posted and im very happy with it.

my mem refuses to run stable at 2-2-2 timings =\

OrionRU said:
no no you mis understood, it doesnt work on 7-2-2-2

the tighest is what i posted and im very happy with it.

my mem refuses to run stable at 2-2-2 timings =\

Try this....this is the best my stick of Corsair XMS3200c2 will do at 216fsb stable... 5-2-3-2 with volts at 2.8 setting. It will also work with looser timings. But try those numbers I gave ya. It might be stable.

Hammer

Watch out people, Geil is most likely yet another front for OCZ.

If you dont know about the OCZ fiasco, do a search dating back to about a year ago, maybe a year and a half. They are a blacklisted company for many, many people.

From everything I have read Geil is no part of OCZ. I do have 2-256meg sticks of OCZ PC3200 c2 rev2 which runs as good as my Corsair. I have 4-256 meg sticks of Corsair PC3200, 2-xms cas2 an 2- xms LL. I have 4-256 meg sticks of Twinmos PC3200, 2-bh5 chips an 2-ch-5 chips. All this memory runs the same for me to 220fsb. Corsair PC3200 would be the best choice, cost an warranty wise.

Back