• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What memory??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

epauls

Here is the current system.
AMD XP 2100+ B
Asus A7N8X DELUXE bios 1002a
512mb Excelerate PC2100 DDR 266
2-128mb pc2100 ddr 266
Visiontek NVidia Geforce 3 ti500 64mb DDR
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 40GB HD 7200rpm
Pioneer 16X dvd player
Plextor 16x cdrw
Thermaltake Silent PurePower, 420W ATX
14x145=2030
Vcore: 1.6(stock)
Temps under load: MB 27C, CPU 35C

I need 1gig total memory.
As I understand my PC2100 memory is holding back my FSB scores so I am looking to upgrade. I have read about certain issues with some memory so I am looking for suggestions.
Try to keep in mind that I don't want to spend $500 to get a measly 100mhz improvement.

I just got my a7n8x deluxe, and I can say that a corsair XMS 3500 512 MB stick works just fine at 185 MHz in sync mode. This is at 2.6v, and the northbridge is also at 2.6v. I'm not running the relaxed memory timings, it's set to whatever the timings are when you select "aggressive" in the bios. I don't know what the limit of the memory is at these speeds-185 is just as high as I've turned it up so far. For all I know it'll do around 200. I have experienced zero stability problems or crashes with this setup.

How high do you plan on OC'ing the Fsb? 2 sticks of PC3200 ram is overall you best bet. As for brand it depends what you want to spend. Corsair IMO is the best. There are numerous other brands that work great also. Get what fits in your budget.

You're right. What I meant to say was that the northbridge is operating at default voltage as well, whatever that is.

Back