• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Motherboard for Gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Samsung F3s and Caviar Blacks are 7200 rpm drives right? Is that because of the perpendicular technology?
How does that make them faster than the 10k's?
Is there more than 16mb memory on them?

Dual processor on the drive? Wow!
64 mb cache? WOW!
But almost 60 reviewers had the drive die on them. Ouch...

I am tempted to try one that's for sure. But looks like they've got some firmware issues with it. I will have to check my board to see if it's 6gb/s capable.

EDIT: Doh, looks like my board will only support 3gb/s.
No point in bothering with that drive for now.

Last edited:
64 mb cache? WOW!

I am tempted to try one that's for sure. But looks like they've got some firmware issues with it. I will have to check my board to see if it's 6gb/s capable.

dont listen to newegg reviews, most of the time its stupid people making reviews falsely.
And it is compatible with your mobo, just wont be at 6gb speeds.

64 mb cache? WOW!

I just built a system and purchased that drive. So far it's working great. I'm looking to get another and run Raid 1 for all my backups. And when I upgrade my mobo, it will be ready for 6gb/s transfers.

Back