• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what ram timings should i use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Erv

Registered
right now my comp is at 200x11.5 with Vcore at 1.850 and DIMM at 2.9, and the northbridge at 2.8(+0.2) on an 8rga+ mobo. My cpu is a 310UPMW 1700+ tbred b. My ram is XMS3500 512m

Does which memory timings i use effect stability of an overclock? Right now i have the mem settings at the Auto setting. All i can recall is the first timing is at 8, i dont recall the others.

Should i override these? if so .. what do i choose?

Sure, override them, and choose the lowest combination that's stable. Remember to use memtest a lot to test stability.

Good PC3500 should do 200 at aggressive timings with no sweat.

You should be able to go agressive with the XMS3500 running at 3200. I believe the 3200LL (low latency) sticks from Corsair have the same chips as the standard 3500 sticks. I believe you should be able to get 5-2-2-2-1 from it.

hmm, il try those, thx.

Glock19, take the time to actually READ my first post.

Erv said:
hmm, il try those, thx.

Glock19, take the time to actually READ my first post.

You mean there are no numbers on the memory chips...the XMS uses 3 different kinds of memory chips...2 are ok for OCing and one is the sweet chip...kind of like the old Samsung memory chips...the C's OCed like mad while the D's OCed like a dead dog...

I stated...what MEMORY you have...not what ram you are using ;)...

Glock:

well on the heat spreader unit encasing the stick i see a few numbers including CMX CL2 .. do those mean anything?

Erv said:
Glock:

well on the heat spreader unit encasing the stick i see a few numbers including CMX CL2 .. do those mean anything?

Need the full number to look the memory chips up...but the best way to tell is if it can do 220FSB at 5-2-2-2 then you have the sweet chips...if they can not do 220@5-2-2-2 then you have one of the other two...they all OC very well so don't worry about that...just one chip can do tighter and slightly higher FSB then the regular chips...

Back