• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What should I do??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

epauls

Well, here is my story in a quick tell. About 3 months ago I wanted to upgrade my system a little... One thing led to another and I purchased the following.
AMD XP 2100+ B
Asus A7N8X DELUXE
2-512mb OCZ 3200 performance series DDR
Thermaltake Silent PurePower, 420W ATX
CPU FAN|HHC-001 PURE COPPER (AMD/INTEL)
Thermaltake Xaser III V1000A Case

Now, I have a lot of left overs:
AMD 1.4ghz T-bird
Hydrolic B case
Asus A7M266 MB
1-512mb PC2100 DDR cl2
2-128mb PC2100 DDR cl2
330 power supply
Floppy drive
CD Rom
all cables and Keyboard/Mouse
NIC

I have put all together and am lacking 2 things to complete this system for kids/mom. Hard Drive and Video Card.

Now, here is my delima. My computer has a Visiontek NVidia Geforce 3 64mb DDR 234/480. Should I purchase a new card for me and put my old in theirs? or should I just by something under $100 for the kids computer and wait on upgrading mine?

It depends on what you want to upgrade with and how much you are willing to spend. If its around $200 the 9500 Pro is the best bang for the buck right now if AA and AF at high resolutions is what you want. It all really comes down to personal preference but the 9500 Pro is truely a steal right now.

I guess I should clarify a little better. What my real question is: Is upgrading to say the 9500pro a good price/performance upgrade over the Visiontek NVidia Geforce 3 64mb DDR 234/480? Or should i wait longer on that upgrade and instead buy a reasonable(under $100) video card for the other computer?

Back