• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What should my vcore be set at?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Soyo Boy

I have a 1.33ghz athlon xp, and is currently running on auto (vcore). I want to set the voltage myself, so the speed is constant.... and i was wondering what voltage should I set it at? TIA

Well, at default voltage, it should be running at 1.75...but most boards can go up to 1.85 which will help you if you want to overclock more. Just make sure your temps aren't that high, because more voltage=higher temps!

try it with the default voltage and test stability with a burnin program like prime95 or [email protected] anything that will stress the CPU to 100%. If you want you can play a graphic intense game for a few hours to test stability. If it works, and does not crash or give you an error, you dont need more voltage. If u get an error up the voltage until you stop getting the error.

Back