• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What was your first cruncher?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deez

I started crunching with a cele 500 what about you?

and the same chip is still crunching...different mobo though

a PIII 450 @ 550 (wow! that WAS pretty impressive :D ) on a Soyo 6BA+III. the board was still crunching till i retire it a few months ago with a PIII 500@720 on it.

Compaq Presario 4824 with a PII 233. Averaged about 20+ hours per WU. I scavenged the CD-ROM and hard drive out of it to build another Athlon box.

P3 500 Katmai (Which Deez now has or something) on an Abit BE6. Pretty good system when I got it. :D It was crunching in 10 hours w00r!

Well, it was either my P233 or my Cel366 at 458. Can't remember which. I've slept since over three years ago. ;)

Cy

Acer P1 133 w/ 32 megs of ram. I gave up until I got a faster computer after crunching for a bit.

Very first was an IBM Aptiva with an AMD 233mmx cpu- ran for a few weeks then reloaded the os due to me screwing up Windows 98 (Imagine me doing that :) ) and never got started again.

The first that ran long term was actually 3: 2 k62-450s (@500 most of the time) and a dual PII 400.

Slowest system I'm running now does about the same daily output as those three did :p

Back