• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the best duel 120 mm radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

How about fans, are duel 120's loud and I need some links to duel 120mm fan radiators, the only one I have found so far is the Swiftech but it has one barb at each end, I would prefer both on one end.

You can mount two 120mm fans on almost all rads. Chevette heatercores work great, but if you like them already made up try D-tek. Just buy two shrouds and have at it.

Didn't I see someone that had like a camaro heater core or something that was in-line duel 120mm's? I'll pay good money for stuff but $100.00 for that BI extreme 2? You have a link to the airplex I couldn't find any info on it.

best dual radiator if u have a lot of space and no cash
go to autozone buy 2x 1966 mustang heater cores measure about 6in by 9.5in then you can run them in parallel with a 120 over each and it is fairly easy to build a shroud
by the way the heater cores should be about 15.99 each
it is what i am doing

Hey, transmission coolers. I've never read of anyone using one of those and I have to wonder why not. I happen to have a new one somewhere in the garage. If memory serves, it would be close to a good size for me.

Last transmission cooler I ehard anything about was years ago on the frontpage. It was expencive and wouldn't touch a heater core :\

Dude just get the D-TEK Pro Rad w/ shroud, I have it & it rox. It's the same as a chevette heatercore, but with the barbs all done for you.

if you're not fussed about achieving the final last 1c temp drop and have some money to spend then go for teh airplex with finger guard... they look incredible. However i reckon they'd perform as well as teh Dtek given their size and teh tiny size of the fins.

I'm using a transmission cooler with 2X 120mm fans. It's the perfect size (long rectangle) for the fans. The fittings were tapered, so I had to cut them off to achieve the correct OD (they had plenty of length), but otherwise, it was perfect out of the box.

Obviously, the alum. will have poor cooling characteristics compared with a copper core, but I very much like that the tranny cooler is only 1/2" thick (maybe less). It can lay where no heater core has gone before. :D

This system is the dually 1.4ghz Tualatins, and my water temp is only 4-5C above ambient when run at load all day, so the rad. is good enough for these low-heat cpus.

I would post some CPU temps, but this mobo has utterly worthless temp monitoring, and my compunurse reported 35C load temp as close to the core as I could get it. I'm not sure that is correct either, but seems reasonable.

I believe the tranny cooler was $40 from parts store. It came in a whole kit with tons of fittings and hose, so if you could find one for cheap without all the stuff, one might consider it. But at $40 you just as well get a pre-made copper one.

I just wanted to pop-in, and say that I'm using a tranny cooler. :D

Back