• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where Did You Get Your Laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Where Did You Get Your Laptop?

• OEM Site (Dell, Gateway)

Votes: 105 33.7%
  • Local Retailer (BestBuy, Fry's)

Votes: 57 18.3%
  • Local Retail Website (BestBuy.com, Outpost.com)

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Online Reseller (Newegg)

Votes: 42 13.5%
  • Auction / Classifieds (EBay, Newspaper, Forum Classifieds)

Votes: 40 12.8%
  • Family / Friends (Uncle Joe)

Votes: 10 3.2%
  • Gift (Christmas, Hand-me-down)

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Other (Found it in box of Cracker Jacks)

Votes: 46 14.7%

• Total voters
i bought it from pc connection...my next mac notebook will be directly from apple so i can use the student discount.

my first laptop was from pctorqe it was a sager 3.4/1gb/9700/uxga screen, and i'm currently using an ibm thinkpad r52 for school (its light and can take 1 hell of a beating)

I bought mine from Newegg and boy am i sorry.

I am not sorry i used Newegg as a retailer, but sorry that i bought it online in general. I owned my new laptop for 6 days when it took a dump on me. Newegg has their hands tied as they can't refund me or exhange the laptop and Acer has horrible customer support and makes me send in a 6 day old unit for repair. Why they will not replace the unit is beyond me. I spend $1500 just to have a laptop that from here on out i won't know if it's a lemon or not. Add to that, it's been in service longer than in my hands!

Word to the wise, do not purchase online unless you are tottaly fimiliar with return policy. Also avoid Acer!

apple store here as well

Go to the refurbs section, great deals. I found my lappy for less then i could get it on ebay and it is under full warranty.

Pretty much the last one, found it in a box of crap my bro brought home from an office clearance that he was working on thorugh an agency.

i picked other, my dad works for ibm and every now and then he just grabs a couple laptops out of the store room.

apparently mine "fell off a truck"

I recieved it as a gift, so thats all I know :)

It was brand new when I got it,though, so I'm guessing it was stolen and resold...I dont know...but the packaging was in flawless condition, so it must have fallen softly off that truck..LOL

Back