• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to get Neoprene pads for insulation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NuebieN

I've been looking for somewhere to get some supplies locally today to fix my condensation problem. I believe mouse pads are made of air proof insulation.
Mouse pad
Now just need to find some dielectric grease.

Depending on the temps you are working at will determine the thickness of the insulation needed. I glued a double layer of mousemat material to my w/b and this was fine for coolant temps down to about -5C but when I went to -25C I found condensation forming on the outside of this and have now put in closed foam pipe insulation out side the original insulation which is about 12mm thick and works well. This is available at most hardware stores. Dielectric grease I got from my local motor spares shop.
Hope this helps.

A well stocked hardware store should have various thickness neoprene availble. Danger Den is the only source I have found for 1/16" neoprene to use around the CPU die.

Colin, what section of say Home Depot would you think I would find those at? Thanx.

I have not tried Home Depot. The Orchard Supply stores on the west coast are where I have found it.

Back