• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to purchase Swiftech MC370 or MC371?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToddE

Registered
Hello all,

Im new to the forum and I am currently looking to purchase a Swiftech cooler for my Celeron II 600. Its a great chip and Ive had it a 1000Mhz but have backed it off to 900Mhz. Ive had it running for 1 week now. The Golden Orb that I bought with the chip is basically an over-hyped piece of junk, barely suitable to cool even my old 233 K6.
I was having problems booting into windows for the last 2 days and I was getting lockups just about anytime I ran a game or connected to the net.
I wasnt sure if my lockups were because of my CPU or my 3D Prophet II Pro(its my first AGP card, and I had some problems initially on my BE6-II, but fixed it, or so I hope with an updated Chipset Driver set).
So I first replaced the 600 w/ my trusty 300A@450 and the lockups vanished and everything ran smooth.
So I took the cooler off of the 600 and was shocked at what I saw. The damn cooler fits so tight on the chip that it pushed ALL of the thermal paste(I used Alpha) off of the chip!.
I adusted the tension on the retaining clip thingy and it seems to have helped.
So I have decided after reading Tom's Hardware that I need a Swiftech MC370 or a MC371. I do plan on upgrading to an AMD setup here in a couple of months so I think this would be a good investment.

Back