• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 3DMark test?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaBigJ

I know the point sprites test is great for checking memory corruption. Is there one that is as good for the gpu?

DaBigJ said:
I know the point sprites test is great for checking memory corruption. Is there one that is as good for the gpu?

video card memory or system RAM?

you mean you get artifacts when your not overclocking the fsb and the vid card? if this is the case, your artifacting could be due to you disabling vsync. But however if you have the vid card at default and your fsb overclocked and you are getting artifacts it could be because of the agp bus being clocked too high, and the vsync comes into play again.

I worked my core up to 330 mhz, ran the environment bump mapping test and it seemed ok, but then I went to the point sprites test and there was LOTS of corruption and it locked up....

?

Yeah... but it wasn't giving me corruption on the env. bump mapping so I kept cranking it up. I've figured it out tho... Used the codecreatures benchmark as my final test for gpu corruption (it worked pretty well) and I ended up with 315 on the core (NO corruption :)

The dot3 bump mapping is what usually gives me artifacts when nothing else does. But, I'm using a GF2 MX-400. Give it a whirl and post the results. I'm kinda interested to see what the strenghts of differnt cards are in real world tests rather than some bench mark posted on an annonomous website.

What I say is only based on my personal experience:
I might no get artifacts if I only run bump mapping, but sometimes if I run through all the test, I get them towards the end - or in nature... I mean, you can really see that your video mem is heating up...

Back