• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which cdrw should i get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

azianese

i was thinking of a plextor 48x cdrw, what you guys recommend i should get? or maybe wait for a dvdrw drive?

Liteon is cheap and awesome :)

(I have one, can testify it's coolness... just be sure to update your aspi drivers ;) )

I have a Liteon 32X burner. It works great. I have a Teac 40X burner and replaced it with it but after one day I put the Liteon back in. The Teac was slower.

there are reviews of the burners in these websites: www.cdrlabs.com, www.cdrinfo.com.

i never had any plextor but i personally think they are not worth the money. you can get something just as good for much less, like the LiteOns or LGs.
i just got a LG 40x which is fine.

im no expert but i know that the Plextors are in fact better doing a few stuff that you are most likely not using in a home regular system.

for minimum budget, go with lite-on (i've got mine, a 32x burner for $20 shipped thru staples while it had promotion like 2 months ago).

Plextor known for its' stability and great customer service, but the price is damn high :D

I really like the plextor I have...no doubt a very nice piece...But I have installed a few LiteOn's and they seem to work every bit as good as the Plextors...But bank for the buck has to go to the LiteOn...With metal gears and all that business it is easy to understand why the Plextors are more expensive...But for the money you cant beat a LiteOn with a bat...even Hammer cant touch that...:)

Back