• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is the best gpu among these

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The i5 is going to probably be faster if you massively overclock in the range of 4.5-5.0ghz which has been easily attainable with a good cooler. AMD, you'll be able to get cheaper motherboards and a close performance only if you get the 6 core CPU, the 4 cores can't compete with the i5 or i7. The problem with Sandy Bridge is that they had a big issue with their SATA controller so they did a huge recall on them. There still aren't any motherboards that you can buy online. You can wait for them to come to market which will be sometime in April I believe. They're making a fix and the new Motherboards will be fine you'll just have to wait a while. For AMD, get the CPU you mentioned and either this Motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130223 which is really amazing but doesn't have USB 3 or SATA 6 gb/s, or get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157208 which has all the features and isn't as overkill with everything but still good enough for heavy overclocking.

also asus claims they boost performance upto 50% with their voltage tweak so isnt asus powered gtx 470 good enough ?

Read the fine print. 50% with an aftermarket cooling solution.

OP-

560Ti is an excellent card. 6950/70 will outmuscle it but you will not have CUDA/PhysX.

Best bet $ wise is get a 6950, hope it will flash to a 70. Some will not.

As far as great drivers, other nice features, I say 560 or 570. I'm really not big on AMD/ATI cards... It's just that stupid driver setup. It's so annoying.

The aftermarket cooler won't make a difference to a max overclock unless if you are doing LN2. My 5770 was good till about 1025mhz, and the temps were in their 50's and it still wouldn't overclock higher. Asus really can get sued for what they are saying. There is no way you can boost performance 50%. They say it for all their cards that come with voltage control. If a GTX 560 is at 822mhz, than theoretically you'll need to overclock to 1233mhz to get 50% performance. GTX 560's rarely go above 1050mhz no matter what cooler it uses. Good luck with your 6950. If you need help unlocking then you can just PM and I'll help you out.

The aftermarket cooler won't make a difference to a max overclock unless if you are doing LN2. My 5770 was good till about 1025mhz, and the temps were in their 50's and it still wouldn't overclock higher. Asus really can get sued for what they are saying. There is no way you can boost performance 50%. They say it for all their cards that come with voltage control. If a GTX 560 is at 822mhz, than theoretically you'll need to overclock to 1233mhz to get 50% performance. GTX 560's rarely go above 1050mhz no matter what cooler it uses. Good luck with your 6950. If you need help unlocking then you can just PM and I'll help you out.

I never take any claims like that seriously.

"Military Grade".

Like the military uses MSi $140 mobos :rolleyes:. It's all marketing. If it has a bigger cooler with bigger fans and more heatpipes odds are it'll OC higher and if it has volt tweak too it'll oc higher. Your Monday board will suck the dust of my Thursday board and %'s will vary wildly. Why not say makes french fries and folds laundry?

In the end, it's more exciting than saying "REALLY BIG COOLER! LOOK HOW BIG!" and nothing else. That's basically what you're buying. A 580 with a huge cooler. And volt tweak. That's it (referring to cards with cooling like Direct CUII and TwinFrozr)

Back