• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which KT333 Motherboard???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

Biostar M7VIF with usb 2.0, Gigabyte 7VRX with usb 2.0, IWILL XP33 with 6 channel sound, MSI KT3 Ultra with usb 2.0, or Soltek Purple Ray. Which one would you choose or is the best?? I want usb 2.0 AND 6 channel sound-Can always buy an add in card in either case I guess. Purple doesn't have either, but hear its very stable but the cheapest I've seen it is $115. The Biostar board I can get for under $100.00 with shipping and handling. What would you suggest?? will problably upgrade my T-bird 1.4 after I make up my mind. What about the Asus A7V333 for $131.00??

Last edited:
I'm considering buying a KT333 board myself, and I'm kind of having a hard time deciding between the Soltek DR75 and the Asus A7V333R. I'm not sure that I really need USB 2.0, so the Soltek may be the way to go, but not many people have the Soltek, and I'm pretty new to the whole comp building game. So, I may want something that lots of people have in case I run into problems. The IWILL XP333 actually uses and ALi MAGiK chipset, but I'm sure you're aware of that. Anandtech.com had some good things to say about the IWILL back when they had the KT266A round-up. I've heard that the gigabyte doesn't overclock all that well. I don't remember why exactly, but it seems like I read somewhere (maybe Tom's Hardware) that it left out one of the kind of essential overclocking features. Of course it does have that dual bios thing, which could be nice I suppose. I have no idea about Biostar and I've heard mostly negative things about the MSI, but it's all heresay. I'm thinking ASUS is probably the safest bet at this point.

Asus is the most expensive also!!! wish some others would give some input. I'm not planning on doing much overclocking and I don't need RAID

chaos said:
Asus is the most expensive also!!!

True, I think the Epox 8K3A or Soltek DR75 offer pretty awesome performance/dollars ratio, but neither support USB 2.0. Of course you could afford a controller card with the price difference of the A7V333 and either of these boards :rolleyes:

I think the Epox 8K3A+ is going in my new system. It's $115 at newegg.

Well I have the Soltek (bought it from NewEgg for about $115).

I like the board but I would also have liked to had USB 2.0 even though I don't need it right now.

I will say this though, the software that comes with the Soltek is pretty good stuff (check out their website for info) and the board intself works well so far.

EPOX or the Gigabyte 7VRXP or 7VRX, if neither of these then the Abit K7RA or Epox 266A chipset or MSI K7T266 Pro 2 RU and then a Soltek DRV4 IMHO

cisco kid

Back