• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which PC would be better to build for gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sky07

Hello guys,
I don't know much about building a custom PC, would you help me with this? I have seen many different PC brands with outstanding specifications, but I am a bit confused about them. I have seen some good PCs from PC building websites, like...

1. ASUS ROG Huracan G21CN Intel Core i5-9400F 9th Gen Gaming Desktop

2. ASUS ROG Huracan G21CN Intel Core i5-9400F 9th Gen Gaming

3. Electrobot i5 9th Gen 6 core - Upto 4.10 Ghz, 8GB DDR4

4. CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC, Intel Core i5-9400F

Which one will be the best? and I have no issue with the budget.

Thank you so much for your attention and participation.

Impossible to tell with the information given....you only listed cpus and they are all the same. So to answer, they all perform the same. What video card is with each of the systems is critical in answering this question.

(Moved this to general hardware)

I agree with the comments regarding 10th gen CPUs (and 11th gen Intels are due out very very soon). From a quick bit of googling it looks like the Asus units have 2080 graphics cards, which are previous generation.

Stock isn't great at the moment but I'd be looking for something with:
- Either an AMD Ryzen 9 5xxxX CPU (e.g. 5950X, 5900X, 5800X ..) or an Intel CPU with a model number 10xxx or 11xxx.
- 16 GB or more of memory
- A graphics card with a model number 30x0 from nvidia (e.g. 3060, 3070, 3080, 3090) or 6x00 from AMD (e.g. 6800XT, 6900XT ...)

Hello guys,
I don't know much about building a custom PC, would you help me with this? I have seen many different PC brands with outstanding specifications, but I am a bit confused about them. I have seen some good PCs from PC building websites, like...

1. ASUS ROG Huracan G21CN Intel Core i5-9400F 9th Gen Gaming Desktop

2. ASUS ROG Huracan G21CN Intel Core i5-9400F 9th Gen Gaming

3. Electrobot i5 9th Gen 6 core - Upto 4.10 Ghz, 8GB DDR4

4. CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC, Intel Core i5-9400F

Which one will be the best? and I have no issue with the budget.

Thank you so much for your attention and participation.

Hi sky07, the biggest issues typically with prebuilt systems like the ones you mentioned are the cost/value and warranty.
The cost of one of those PC in that link https://buildmypc.net/complete-pc-details/gaming-pc/B07PKXQBHN/ is $2600 CDN for this
System: Intel Core i5-9400f 2. 9GHz 6-Core | Intel B360 Chipset | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB Video Card | 1x HDMI | 1x DisplayPort

That seems like an awful lot to me especially considering that graphics card
Here's a list I put together if you can manage to build your own total is 1800 CAD, still needs a case/mouse/KB and Windows but is a damn sight better than that prebuilt I listed. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Pd6Q9N

The second p[problem with prebuilts is warranty, you typically have to box the whole thing up and ship it back.

Back