• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who has ever gotten a mail in rebate back?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Who has ever gotten a mail in rebate back?

• Yes, I've recieved all my rebates

Votes: 633 50.7%
  • No, I am still waiting on my rebate check

Votes: 86 6.9%
  • It is mixed, some I have recieved and some I have not

Votes: 411 32.9%
  • I refuse to use Rebate offers

Votes: 118 9.5%

• Total voters
I have to say that FRYS IS THE WORST...I know the rebates go trhrough the companies and not Frys BUT.....somehow I always get my Best Buy rebates and NEVER FRYS!...they can eat me.....from as much as $40 mail in to as little as $5..... NEVER! have they come through!

I work at Fry's Electronics in Austin, Texas. As far as rebates from us, usually if you don't get it within a good amount of time, Fry's will either reimburse you or contact the company I believe. Don't hold me to that because I don't work up in customer service and I'm not sure EXACTLY how it works.

Also, good news for those of you that hate rebates then, both Western Digital and Maxtor have cut off MIRs and will no longer be offering them, but will have better out-the-door prices.

JudgeDredd said:
I work at Fry's Electronics in Austin, Texas. As far as rebates from us, usually if you don't get it within a good amount of time, Fry's will either reimburse you or contact the company I believe. Don't hold me to that because I don't work up in customer service and I'm not sure EXACTLY how it works.

Also, good news for those of you that hate rebates then, both Western Digital and Maxtor have cut off MIRs and will no longer be offering them, but will have better out-the-door prices.

I didn't know they have Fry's in other states... I don't know about your Fry's but at our Fry's the customer service lines are out the door and blocking traffic on the road.

I just got a $250 rebate back from amazon for the purchase of an i730 and Nextel service.

Artyboy said:
Well until my $30 ATI rebate gets back then I'll still have officially spent $230 on my 9800 Pro. The only other rebate that I've tried would be my Maxtor 30 gb hd rebate. It took about 2 months to get it back. Me and my dad both got the same drive and I mailed in the rebates on the same day. I got mine but he never got his. I think it had something to do with our names being the same (even though I made sure to include Jr and Sr at the end of both of our names). Regardless, it still ****ed me off. I don't trust rebates at all. Now I only buy into rebate deals when the price before rebate is good. I just consider the rebate itself a bonus check that surprises me later. What really makes me mad is when these stores have the balls to advertise the after rebate price as the actual price of the item. Nowadays I don't even look at the advertised prices on RAM and hd's because I know that the actual price is double-triple what's advertised before rebates.

well if you live in the same house that would be the problem, they are generally one per household.

i've gotten all my MIR back, most take around 2 months, but some can range to like 4 or 5 months, which is kind of annoying. ya gotta use them with this in mind, dont plan on paying the rent with rebates. :p

I've only burned by one rebate, that was a viewsonic crt monitor from office depot, they got me for $70.

However, I just received my second rebate on the Circuit City WD160GbSE drives, brining total cost to about $19 for a 160 GB Drive!!

Gosh I love the cyber deals section of this forum! Thanks guys!!

Well it's been over two months and I have yet to see that ATI rebate check. The Maxtor rebate check didn't surprise me at all. I had a feeling that they'd pull something like that because I was using the same address for both of the rebates. As for Maxtor and WD not offering rebates, I was wondering why I've been seeing hard drives at Compusa for $50 off or so without a rebate. I was really really tempted to put rent off for a week to pick up one of those 250 gig SATAs they had for $160 a few weeks ago :p. I hope that more companies start catching on to the idea and stop with the rebates. It's sad when even the smaller stores in town are starting to offer the mail in rebates.

i got a letter from symantec on friday, saying that i didnt put the NAV pop in the envelope, which i know for a fact i did, and the date tha=ey gave me to mail in the stuff again by was five days before i had even recieved the letter! WTF!!!! damn you USPS! and also symantec!

bulk88 said:
On 5-2-04 seagate the rebate finally showed up in their database. it was this http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=284197&highlight=seagate hard drive. Over a month for it to show up in their database, they still say they are processing it. Atleast they got it :D

I've actually bought two seagate drives before with mirs and gotten them both back. One was a long time ago for $80 and the other one was more recently for $50. Seagate is pretty good with rebates imo.

ive gotten ALL of my MIR's back, from bestbuy, CC, and WD all timely... but the last one i got from CC they spelled my last name wrong, like logor instead of logan... it hink they might of did it on purpose hoping the bank wouldnt take it because i write perfectly legit and my name was on more then 1 spot :\ i still got my money though :} but just a look out a guess, or human error and im paranoid that corporate america is trying to screw me outta 10 bucks :}

Well, I just noticed that I have not received a rebate in the amount of $50 from OfficeMax for purchasing a NEC 2500 DVD Dual burner. It's not even listed on their rebate site at all. I have all the copies of the rebate for, UPC, and receipt but I doubt they'll give it to me based on that, or will they? Anyone have else have this happen to them and still gotten a rebate back?

I'm 6 for 7 at Officemax now. One they claim was an invalid UPC. I know it wasn't, but, hmm, not worth the hassle for $10.

Back