• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who has ever gotten a mail in rebate back?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Who has ever gotten a mail in rebate back?

• Yes, I've recieved all my rebates

Votes: 633 50.7%
  • No, I am still waiting on my rebate check

Votes: 86 6.9%
  • It is mixed, some I have recieved and some I have not

Votes: 411 32.9%
  • I refuse to use Rebate offers

Votes: 118 9.5%

• Total voters
i had to wait 3 months on my logitech one

4 months here. now i cant find it. came to me on a postcard. one side is address and labled. other side is the check. supposed to tear the postacrd in half and sign the mailing address part and then deposit it.

I have gotten all of my rebates back.
Once I sent in a rebate with out the reciept and that company sent me a card telling me to send in the receipt with that card to get the rebate. Which I did and I recieved that rebate as well.

I tallied all the rebates I've sent in since 2000, over 100, and found that I had problems with almost 1 in 4, meaning that the check was late by more than a month or I had to contact the processing company or resubmit.

If it weren't for rebates, I would have had to pay for memory, CD writers, CD-Rs, and USB 2.0 cards, mice, Winmodems, and PCI video cards.

i photo copy all my rebates with recipts before turning them in, then when i get them i throw them away, if i dont recieve them in time i call them in and most cases they will send it out... otherwise i have to disput it with the company i bought it from

Umm...remember that great sales on last Black Friday, yea I got my $40 from Maxtor HDD . I gave up on it like few months back and never thought I would get it. But it was in the mail yesterday.

Sometimes I guess we just need to wait ..and wait :)

unreal said:
i photo copy all my rebates with recipts before turning them in, then when i get them i throw them away, if i dont recieve them in time i call them in and most cases they will send it out... otherwise i have to disput it with the company i bought it from

This has been my experience also. A couple of times I have had to bug companies but I have recieved all of them so far as I remember. I do always make copies of the larger ones. I have $200 in rebates just mailed out in the past 2 weeks. :)

I just got my monitor one back (after several weeks - $30)...

I see "MITSUBISHI"... I thought, wow a check from a car company... Then I open it up and it says "Mitsubishi/NEC", and then I knew it was for my diamondtron.

I have gotten all of mine that I have sent though some took forever. I had one that was around 4 months and a couple (CD-Rs through IO-Magic and a buy 2 get 1 free DVD offer) that took about 6 months to get. All my other rebates though have come within the 6-8 week time period, though most of those were Best Buy rebates.

All my rebates have come back.
They always take a long time because they
send the check by bulk rate. :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, both my Plexwriters were
rebate deals.

I sent Amazon rebate 3 weeks ago and they are telling me that they didn't receive anything. Bull. My poor $150...............

i still havent recieved any of my rebate checks yet..
1 from sony (1 1/4 ago)
1 form western digital(1 1/4 ago)
2 from belkin (2-3months)

lost all site of MIR now. it either get it for the price or dont get it at all for me.

I think the trick is to follow up. I'm sure that the MIR's are done (or organized) by 3rd party companies. The less they send out, the more money they make. I called to follow up on a MIR with Panasonic and they refered me to another company. The MIR was 3 moths behind. They told me "It's in a batch that is just about to go out." Then a week later it came in the mail.

I'm convinced that if I never called they would have never send it! :mad:

RideGuy

Received All I Have Sent Out For. 1 from OfficeMax, bout 3 or 4 from BestBuy, and a couple others I can't remember now.

I got all mine back until the most recent one. I am waiting for $60 back from Digital Research for a burner. It has been more than a year. What a rip-off. It was mailed timely and filled out completely. My loss. It's the last one I will ever do.

lol Im still waiting on my geforce 3 ti-200 rebate from PNY.I bought the card back in april of 2001 I think....it was when the geforce 3's were the latest rage.

It was a $80 rebate. :(

Back