• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who's not a gamer or folder

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am another old fart who games and does NOT fold......but I havent gamed for quite some time..resting up till BF2 comes out....

Games, Games, Games.

When was the last time a couple million people got excited about a Folding Program?

You gusy Folding for Dr. Kreeger from FarCry? He was into the whole protein scene. See what happened to him.

I usually buy a game, play it for 8-10 hours straight then rarely if ever touch it again.

I used to fold. But I reload my OS so often I got tired of one more thing to set up every time.

I've become a hardware addict. My basement has become a junkyard of used components and everyone I know gives me the old stuff from their work etc. whenever they upgrade. I spend alot of my time swapping out parts and trying to get Win and Gentoo to play nice together.

DWolf:cool:

Long story short, Stanford is doing research into how proteins fold. This will hopefully help them cure some diseases. Their work requires LOTS!!! of computer time/power. What they've done is divide the work into millions of little pieces called packets. When we fold we help Stanford by downloading some of these packets and letting our computer do the work of processing them. Then we send the results back to Stanford to add into the data they are collecting from all over the world.

So if you can, please save the kittens and fold.

DWolf:cool:

Well, my whole intention was to build a "gamnig" computer. But I got so tied up in overclocking and working on my computer so much, I jsut kinda forgot about games

i do neither. i play a few games a month (mostly america's army or farcry once in a while). i used to fold, but i noticed that it was slowing my pc down, so i took it off and all has been good since. i believe in the cause, but the software is a bit too buggy for my tastes atm.

Back