• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why should i go with liquid...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

storm21

Registered
alright here it is... i really want to get a liquid cooling system, because of the usual... minimum noise "cooler temps" etc. But idk if the cost justifies the means...

The Zalman cnps9700 according to reviews on Newegg.com

"I was running the stock cooler on my Phenom II x4 940 and it would idl at 43 - 44 and would get to the mid 50's under load, slapped this baby on now its idling at 33 and about 38 - 39 under load, and fits great in my antec 1200 case
Thanks Zalman!" -newegg customer-

and i also looked at various cooling systems on newegg and found out that it would cool the cpu, the 940, to around the upper 40's C sooooo.... the price for the air cooler is less than half of what the liquid would cost...but the temps are a little "not worth it" ; does liquid cooling show its muscle only in high OCing?

because this customer says with the air cooler:

"and now on my Phenom II 940 OC to 4.0GHz still has not gone above 40c

so its probably the best air cooler i have ever used" -newegg customer-

i dont get it what the hype all about for water cooling besides ultimate silence? are these guys lying? I do realize though that water cooling your graphics card does help A LOT because reviews on that were claiming between 10 C to 18 C drops in temp...

thanks for any help!!!!

Back