• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wii or X360... Im sure this question plauges alot of people

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wait till you can try out the wii and see which one you like better.
personally I would get a wii becuase I already have a computer and the 360 doesnt seem to really do anything new to me, also it costs a buttload. The fact that you can download all the old games is highly appealing to me. Also I like nentendo products, I find that they make games with more replay value than some of the other companies, in my opinion at least.

Heres a question when are they putting up the booths in the stores for Wii? Does anyone know?

Im curious to try it out, hopfully they have it in stores prior to release. So if I like it I'll definatly make sure to get my wife to get one for me for X-mas :)

the thing I have heard about Wii is how many experts in the gaming field have thought the motion controller idea would be a short lived gimmic....untill they've gotten their hands on it.

kyleboy77 said:
Is the Wii going to have better third party support than previous nintendo consoles?

That's what they're aiming for. It's an easy system to code for, and Nintendo is handing out dev kits like candy. The dev kits also include software to make it easy to code for the Wiimote, to encourage developers to make use of it.

kyleboy77 said:
Is the Wii going to have better third party support than previous nintendo consoles?

That will be based on the quality of the dev kits, the royalties, restriction, difficulty of porting and installed user base.

The last two being the final determinant. e.g. we know its not going to be the hardest to port to and if the user base is large theres a good chance of 3rd part stuff, but if the base isn't large enough it may not be worth the cost to port. I doubt you'll see a ton of high profile Wii 3rd party exclusives unless it sells a lot of units relative to the other 2 systems, but it may do that.

Honest answer = we don't know yet

Back