• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will the price of the 7700k continue to drop in a few months?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

Just wondering if you guys think the 7700k will continue to drop in price within the next 6 months?
As of now, it is $279.99 at Micro Center.

I'd be surprised if the price changes much over the next half year.

Nobody knows...

Id expect a drop if next gen stuff came out... otherwise... nkt really no.

Was thinking of buying another 7700k to send to Silicon Lottery to have it delidded and tested. Then have the one I have now just in case for backup. Yea, kinda stupid but I always need a pc.

I had no idea silicon lottery would do that. The testing part anyway. Why not save the trouble amd just buy one from them?

Or, i have a delid tool for it id be happy to send for shipping. ;)

Sounds like a waste of money to me when you can do all that yourself the shipping and service cost would likely cover the the cost of a de-lid tool or just borrow EarthDog's

I'd be too afraid I would do something wrong and throw $300 down the drain. Maybe I will just buy one from them. It would only come out to be $10 more.

I would be more worried about you getting a good/golden chip and they trading it for a normal/crappy one...

I could always take a pic of the back and the name and numbers. If they send me something different back, I'll bring the pain! Lol

I would be more worried about you getting a good/golden chip and they trading it for a normal/crappy one...
I wouldn't. They seem on the up and up and a part of many communities. I don't imagine they would do that. If they get caught, bye bye SL.

Operative word being “seem”, all it takes is one as they say and there’s no harm in being careful ;) Picture is a good idea. Still think a DIY approach is a good idea, if nothing else to gain knowledge and experience (also it’s fun) ? There are lots of videos and tutorials on OC and delid.

What's the purpose of sending the chip out? So they tell you it can overclock to x hz at x voltage?

Isn't that what we do anyways?

Careful....paranoid.... 'seems' synonymous here.

Simple caution. Why would I trust a service like that simply because someone told me to in a forum ? This is the same reason people insure valuables, to be compensated in case something happens to them.

Paranoia is for important things like who built the pyramids and what was its original purpose ;)

Last edited:
Back