• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED WIN7 64bit RAID Driver Install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jiccman1965

Look at the book for my P9X79, it said copy RAID drivers to a USB and when it ask when load in OS point to USB for drivers. Start loading OS it ask for drivers but it will not see the USB. Have not made to many RAID drives in the past. Just need some suggestions.

Which RAID driverset did you copy to a thumb drive? And post the contents of the x64 AHCI / RAID driver folder contained within the primary folder you copied (the directory structure of the primary folder, down to the x64 Win7 / Vista driver sub-folder). And during setup which folder on the thumb drive did you point the driver install to?

Look at the attached image, when you see this screen click on the load drivers button.

If it does not see your usb drive when doing this something is wrong with your usb stick. Is in formatted with NTFS? You could also try another usb drive

Attachments

• XP-W7_4.jpg
    XP-W7_4.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 65
Well in the bios as the system boot I configured the RAID as one volume but it did not see it when I went to load the OS. I will keep working at it. Thank you for the help.

Well in the bios as the system boot I configured the RAID as one volume but it did not see it when I went to load the OS. I will keep working at it. Thank you for the help.

Yes it may not you need to manually install the driver for it so windows can see it. When you get to the screen i showed you if you click the the "load drivers" button at the bottom of the screen you can install the proper drivers.

I forgot to mention to ignore the red box as I took the picture from the web.

Edit: This will help you out: http://download.asrock.com/manual/raid/A770DE/English.pdf

Do I set up the RAID as the system boots to make one drive? When I do that I do not see anything in the box like yours above it is blank.

Back