• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 install issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingfish999

need to upgrade our offices work computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 because apparently the new version of Quickbooks wont support 7 anymore im told. and i have till tomarrow before the current version of Quickbooks expires. last 3 days i have been trying to put 10 on and its been failing.

when i update from 7 to install 10 (keeping apps and data), it will start to install but eventually get failed first boot sysprep error 0xc1900101-0x30018. tried uninstalling antivirus, unneeded startup programs, uninstalling video driver, unplugging anything unessential. never get it going. choosing clean install nets no different.

i tried installing from CD and formatting the drive doing a true clean install. gets pretty far, jsut before it does the initilizing settings it asks, but then it gets an error of system thread exception not handled i believe, no error code and does a continues restart. doing a repair does nothing

tried installing the drive on my computer, getting 10 to start, then swapping it before i can start installing any drivers. has the same issue of endless restarts and system thread exception not handled.

at this point im its hardware related, it is an older gaming build, ran 7 great. specs are:
Foxconn Blackops X48 mobo
Xeon X3370 3.0 with LGA771/LGA775 pin mod and OC to 3.6
DDR3 1333 2gbx4
HD5770 video card

i know this is old stuff and not Win10 certified stuff. but is this why i cant get it? unfortuantly i only have another day left before Quickbooks expires so i need this finished asap. here is the setuprr log

View attachment setuperr.txt

Last edited:
looking uop the cpu pin mod, i dontthink i ever added microcode for this cpu. apparently some people have been having issues without it. unfortunatly looks like Foxconns website is all funked up. cant find anywhere that has BIOS for the mobo anywhere

I'm wondering if there is a problem with a device driver, something the current version of Windows 10 doesn't any longer support or there is not yet a driver for. I get this occasionally when updating older computers that already have 10 installed. The install will get to a certain point and then revert back to the previously installed version.

im going to try and install Win10 on another similar computer. using a Xeon X5460 3.16 thats OC to 3.6 also the 771/775 mod. if it installs fine ill probably jsut swap the computers.

im trying to update the microcode in the mobos for the 771 cpus but its abit above me. the guides make it look easy opening BIOS file with MMTool. but both computers BIOS dont open in it.

The topic of upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 was asked by many people from October last year to January 14,2020.As before January 14,2020,Microsoft seemed to support free Windows upgrades.
About how to install Windows 10,it is best to get an installation disk,just download and burn Windows iso to a disk (It can be USB or CD),using the Windows 10 installation disk to do that.

Last edited:
i did burn it on a install disc. it was something, probably driver related, that near the middle of install it had an issue and was bugging out and cancling itself.

i did install win 10 on the other computer thats using the same 771/775 pin mod and it installed fine. so i swapped computers. however i did try the install on the original computer 1 last time after install and it did finally work. dont know what was causing it but i now have win 10 on both computers using the 771/775 with Xeon cpu.

still hating windows 10 tho. much perfer win 7. hate being forced to upgrade because of a single program

On that computer you had difficulty installing Windows 10 on . . . check the health of the hard drive with CyrstalDiskInfo. I have run into installation problems when disks had bad sectors.

Back