• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Clock Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CraxySerge

Anyone there know why my windows XP PRO clock keeps on changing? I scanned for viruses with norton and its all clean. It does it all the time, and only the hour gets messed up, not the minute. Weird.

double click on your clock in the taskbar, click on the internet time tab, and syncronize online...also check your time zone settings, and last, Oni is prolly right, you prolly need a battery....

I know its not the battery because the bios time is always right, its only the windows time that keeps on screwing up, and it does that randomly. It changes without restarting the computer, but while its on. I just did what takiwa recommended and it was already synchronizing with the internet time, and thats what i think the problem was, it synchronized with the wrong time.

I knw with Win98 that if windows was left running time would be lost because of background apps, rebooting would correct the time. If your windows time is different from the BIOS time it is a software problem.

Back