• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Vista Problem - Extremely Annoying.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darren

hi all, hope someone can recommend a fix because its really getting to me now.

ok - after the pc is idle for 30mins, the screensaver comes on, then the monitor switches off automatically after 45 mins - well this is cool, that is what i want.

But upon returning to the computer to use it, i am presented with a blue screen (not errors, but the blue screen shows like there is no input on my monitor - but the os is still running)

It just sits there with a blue screen, until its ready to let me back in, can take anything from 30 secs to 5 mins. obviously I dont wait for the welcome screen to show, so I have to reboot.

It's a vlite installation, on x64 too - But I know this isn't because of the stripped os, cause this used to happen before with a normal install.

Is this a well known bug? Cheers

I can't say I've heard of this "bug".

Make sure your video drivers are completely up to date. I think it has to be related to your drivers if its doing it on a fresh (non-vlite) install.

It would help us out if you listed your computers components so we can help you determine if it is driver related or something else.

Hi - Thanks for replying.

It doesn't happen all the time, just when it feels like. Not got hibernation or sleep on, just set the monitor to switch off after 45 mins.

Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ Windsor (2.00ghz)
Mob: MSI K9N Diamond
Vid: Nvidia GeForce 7900GS (Driver Version 7.15.11.6375)

When you return to the PC (after 45mins) - The Monitor is OFF.

Then if you turn the monitor on, move the mouse/keys etc to 'get in' - sometimes I could wait 4-5mins before it shows my desktop. I just get a blank blue screen as if there in 'no input', yet I DO NOT get the 'no signal message'.

It's just annoying really.
I could try and re-installing the drivers, I know its definatly not because of v-lite, this has happened to me before with a un-touched install (vista 32-bit)

Cheers

--------------------EDIT--------------------

I think it could be monitor related? it's an Goodmans 19" LCD, it is a strange monitor LOL

like,

1: when I boot to the login screen, i have to turn off/on the monitor to get the right resolution.

2: this happens with CS:S too, like bits of the screen are missing when CSS is launched, until i turn off/on monitor.

Example....

007937.jpg

Last edited:
try updating your nvidia drivers and also install the hotfixes for them as well.

try 169.28 beta drivers

Back