• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Winfast gt220

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

taza438

Ok so i want to volt-mod this baby cuz I'm unsatisfied with the overclocking results. Now as far as it goes i am a complete newb when it comes to volt modding. I searched a tut on how to do this still in the dark... but one day i found this
http://www.madshrimps.be/articles/a...treme-Overclocking-Experiment/0#axzz1ISraVsFz
so after you read that hopefully.. i need help on what to do to increase the voltage on the mem and core to the specified volts...
"The voltage modifications are confirmed and, as we speak, I am running 1.2V Vgpu and 1.8V Vmem. Even on stock cooler, this makes quite a difference as I'm now capable of running 750/1600/955 MHz (core/shader/memory frequency). Although the voltage has been increased, the card still running below 70°C load."

And please if you have the patience to help a poor newb like me do it cuz i am desperate... i am running crysis 2 at hardcore but it runs at 20-30 fps... and arcania just sucks...
If you can help me post a modified version of the pictures on this thread with what i need to do...
Thank you in advance.

I dont see any information there on volt modding that card. That said thats a LOW end card, and chances are there isnt anything out there for that.

I tried to google for a hard mod but didnt find anything. Start saving your cash and hunt for a new card is my advice.

Last edited:
They didn't mention a tut on how to hard mod this but they got the voltage up on the vGPU and vMEM.... and what i want to know is how they did that...

tried it the only overclocking utility that i can get good specs is the Techpowerup GPU tool and i got 675/940 gpu/mem and i wanted to go beyond that, the only way to do it is to volt mod the thing and that is a problem because i dunno how....

i would save up for another card personally. The FPS gain from volt modding isnt going to be mind blowing. maybe just a couple when its all said and done. volt mods like that are made for EXTREME cooling and not stock so I doubt you will be able to push much further.

well i had my mind to buy a new gpu cooler.... so that's why i wanted to hard mod the sucker... i don't have enough money for a brand new high end card so why not make this one performe well in games?

Maybe I wasnt clear. Volt modding it, even with a better cooler, wont make it 'perform well in games'. Volt modding isnt a miracle worker, its the icing on the cake.

I would be surprised if it made more than a 3-4 FPS difference (10%) on your Crysis 2 results.

Not to mention, a new cooler is what $50? Soldering stuff for this saying you own an iron is $10. You are halfway to a WAY WAY better card (gtc 460 1gb).

ok you convinced me ill save up as much as i can to get a new card....

Back