• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woot, finally placed the order.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MasterCraft

Placed my orders with newegg, gameve, zipzoomfly, and pc-cargo for my computer gear.

I've got a pretty impressive setup coming I think, heres the specs.

See It Here!MotherBoard = ASUS P5AD2-E Premium
See It Here!CPU = 3.4 550 - am upgrading to the 570J 3.8 as soon as I get paid again
See It Here!VGA 1 = 6600 256mb from leadtek, for use until I get the 6800 GT
See It Here!VGA 2 =EVGA 6800 GT
See It Here!RAM =2x1GB OCZ EB DDR2-533 3-2-2-8(yes 2 gigs, drool ******* :D)
See It Here!HD =74 gig raptor, why chose anything else?
See It Here!Case =Coolermaster Stacker
See It Here!PSU =OCZ 520w Powerstream
See It Here!Optical =plextor with 8MB buffer, (I wanted the dual layer one but it was out of stock, ordering soon)
See It Here!sound card =creative labs audigy ES
See It Here!thermal paste =AS5
See It Here!HSF =thermalright XP-120
See It Here!HD cooler =vantec
See It Here!fan upgrades =120 and 80's of the same thing
See It Here!Mouse = :Dthe only choice
See It Here!LCD = hehe :D

all positive and negative feedback / I hate you lots comments accepted and encouraged :santa:

Last edited:
Final price after all things considered, (some small stuff not listd, headset, keyboard, etc etc)

$3770.73

CandymanCan said:
wow $3300 ?? Thats kinda way to high if you ask me.

$3700 :D

all newegg listed prices, So it was actually not a bad deal :)

And no, no christmas bonus.

Just got the PSU via fed-ex from PC-cargo. Should have the newegg order and zipzoom tomarrow as well, gotta love overnight express.

Looks good. Thinking about getting that LCD too (if price drops a tad) and passing the 17" Samsung to my g/f.

batboy said:
Looks good. Thinking about getting that LCD too (if price drops a tad) and passing the 17" Samsung to my g/f.

My cousin has one, man they are SWEET

0 ghosting, fast as lightning, bright and great color depth. highly recomended.

btw, Assuming I get a good chip what kind of overclock you think I'll be hitting with that 3.4 bat? best guess? :bday:

batboy said:
I sure hope you hit at least 4 gig stable.

I've got the works man, heatsinks out the wazoo. I have alot of fans, the case I ordered has mounts for 3 120mm fans on the front

cross flow motherboard on top of the xp 120 on it, should make for some nice cooling

mannnn nice system! Similiar to mine, but a few more dollars put into yours. If you have that much money to blow, why didn't you go with a better cooling solution?

beau_zo_brehm said:
mannnn nice system! Similiar to mine, but a few more dollars put into yours. If you have that much money to blow, why didn't you go with a better cooling solution?

I am actually, I have plans to upgrade to the 3.8 E0 stepping, I've also worked out a deal with a member of these forums for a phase change for the CPU.

everything else will be watercooled :)

the xp-120 is just to I can overclock and such until I can upgrade to the 3.8.

MasterCraft said:
I am actually, I have plans to upgrade to the 3.8 E0 stepping, I've also worked out a deal with a member of these forums for a phase change for the CPU.

everything else will be watercooled :)

the xp-120 is just to I can overclock and such until I can upgrade to the 3.8.

Sounds awesome. Fugger from xtremesystems.org got a 3.6 ghz p4 to run at 6.3 ghz and bench at ~5.9 :drool:

Not a fan of that case, esspecially if you wanted to stack a prommy under there. But i'm also very bias to Lian Li's.

Hard drive cooler really needed? I dunno about that one...

Wait for a DL burner, you'll be glad you did.

Why not a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS?

Otherwise looking very nice, would be glad to call it my own :p

I'm not worried about the phase change, I have other ideas for that

the hard drive cooler was nececary for personal reasons, actually for the 4 other high end drives that crapped out on me due to heat :p

I got the plextor burner now, and am buying the DL burner as soon as it's in stock.

I have plans for a higher sound card as well, one that will have the addon card for a guitar plug-in

:)

that looks like a pretty decent system :D

just that i myself would never spend that much money on pcs in one time, lol (and no, not because i never HAVE that amount of money :sn: )

That's why i said to get a better case (cooling) :p

You asked for input, not trying to dog your system, just putting in my thoughts. Merry X-mas

Back