• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woot, finally placed the order.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sucka said:
That's why i said to get a better case (cooling) :p

You asked for input, not trying to dog your system, just putting in my thoughts. Merry X-mas

yeah but I have a feeling this case will be unmatched in the ways of cooling :drool:

there is room for 3 120mm fans in the front, 2 in the rear, 1 80mm on the top

+ the 120 on the heatsink.

+ I'm decent at cable management.

airflow > me

wow, quite teh computer you're putting up there. just ONE raptor? you're spending that much money on a computer and you cant at least get two in raid? maybe even a storage drive too.
but anyway, looks really nice, nice LCD all the way.
i dont know why you're buying the 3.4 and the 6600 just to be using till you "get next pay check" that seems like such a waste to me.
but its your money, and im positive that setup is gonna be killer

xnewnx said:
wow, quite teh computer you're putting up there. just ONE raptor? you're spending that much money on a computer and you cant at least get two in raid? maybe even a storage drive too.
but anyway, looks really nice, nice LCD all the way.
i dont know why you're buying the 3.4 and the 6600 just to be using till you "get next pay check" that seems like such a waste to me.
but its your money, and im positive that setup is gonna be killer

not gonna raid the raptor's, I see it as a waste, But i do have plans for 2 more HD's in a raid-0.

And the other reason I bought the CPU and VGA is because it's going into a second system for a relative after I upgrade. :)

I recieved the Power supply, case, motherboard, and optical drive. I paid over 300 bucks to have it overnighted to me so I could work on it in my ever so plenty spare time during the christmas holiday. the second part holding my VGA, heatsinks, CPU, etc etc. was delayed in indianapolis, for over 12 hours.

Fed ex the next day put out this

Originally Posted by FedEx news

Due to severe winter weather across much of the country -- especially freezing rain and ice storms in our main U.S. hub cities of Memphis and Indianapolis – the delivery of some FedEx Express shipments will be affected through Monday, Dec. 27.Consistent with the provisions of the FedEx Service Guide, the money back guarantee is temporarily suspended.
Our employees will do everything they can to deliver the packages as quickly as possible. We regret any inconvenience that these severe weather events may cause you.

So Now I have to wait until tomarrow (assuming they even deliver on sundays) for the rest of my setup, I'm out over 200 bucks in shipping because fed ex is a bunch of morons.

At this point I'm not happy, but I'm sure that will change once the final newegg and frozen CPU packages arrive.

MasterCraft said:
I'm out over 200 bucks in shipping because fed ex is a bunch of morons.

You didn't hear? The weather isn't controlled by Fed-Ex anymore. They are now leaving that up to mother nature. Shocking i know, but probably should blame that.

...fed ex is a bunch of morons

I feel your pain. I ordered a replacement psu, a PC & Power Cooling 510 Turbo, from the great guys at Frozencpu.com. I ordered it Wed for a Thur delivery, for the same reason as you, so I could work on my system during my 3 day holiday.
Now I can understand why it didn't get delivered on Thursday, but I don't understand why it didn't get delivered on Friday! :mad:

UPS was able to get a ground delivery thru the same region, a day early on Friday. The post office delivered a Priority mail package today, on Christmas! (Poor carrier :( )

FedEx won't be here til Monday. I know they don't control the weather, but I will certainly use UPS or the post office before I use FedEx again.

Merry Christmas! :santa2:

sweet rig,but not that impressed with the 6800gt.couldnt find a 6800ultra?hope the card is also watercooled and voltmodded if you hope to beat team X800 in the 3DMark05 tests.

RAMMAN said:
sweet rig,but not that impressed with the 6800gt.couldnt find a 6800ultra?hope the card is also watercooled and voltmodded if you hope to beat team X800 in the 3DMark05 tests.

I don't see the point in spending an extra 300 bucks for 50 mhz oncard speed.

but the chilled water/vapo setup I'll be working on should do nicely :D

MasterCraft said:
Fed ex the next day put out this
Well at least FedEx gave you an honest update. UPS really hosed me. Said a package was on-time, to be delivered 12/24. Well, it never came. Late because of weather is one thing, but not updating the tracking info and having someone wait all day for the thing is inexcusable.

No more UPS for me.

the ultra shouldnt be that much more expensive than the gt and it may surprise you that apparently memory speed makes much more difference than core speed in demanding games.

The Viewsonic could probably have been equalled at >$100 cheaper. Just find out who actually makes the display for Viewsonic and buy another monitor with the same display.

2GB of RAM? I would be afraid it wouldn't overclock as well as 512 or 1GB. What is your main use for that killer machine? Or will you be afraid to use it? :D

bobad said:
The Viewsonic could probably have been equalled at >$100 cheaper. Just find out who actually makes the display for Viewsonic and buy another monitor with the same display.

2GB of RAM? I would be afraid it wouldn't overclock as well as 512 or 1GB. What is your main use for that killer machine? Or will you be afraid to use it? :D

actually everyone seems to think it will overclock better ;)

I had the money to sling around, so i figured what the hell, I know peolpe who have this exact monitor, why risk getting a ****ty one.

as for 2gb of ram, I do alot of video editing/rendering as well as gaming/multitasking.

lots of ram is always easier to work with :)

2gb of ram will keep doom3 from freezing for 1 second every time you open a door when playing in ultra quality mode.that is the only difference 2gb makes in games.but than again your system wont do that anyway thanks to that raptor hardrive of yours!!!
2gb of ram runs at considerably loser latencies than 1gb regardless of how much voltage you pump into it so it could actually be more of a hindrance than a help.

Back