• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wtf? virus? file wont delete !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
willybeef said:
okk fixed¬! i backed up everything in folder then deleted ! :) lesson learnt by all !

Its FIXED.

Next time something like this happens try to rename it. I've had computers come in that have this smae problem and if your able to rename it or move it in anyway that will sometimes allow you to delete it. Sometimes only deleteing a few letters at a time untill its a smaller name then deleting works. I understand that in this case you had no option to rename but this is just for future referance.

people say "try rename it"
it had a different right click menu (AS SHOWN in pics)
and i couldnt rename it wouldnt let me!

you can always try making a boot disk (Floppy) then using DOS commands to delete it

Something similar to this happened to a friends work server. It looks like someone tagged you as a download mirror for WAREZ. I loaded EBCD and deleted it from linux. I'd check your settings on any firewalls you have running.

Back