• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X470 Taichi fan header question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TwoTone

Registered
I have EK-Vardar F3-120 fans for my radiators. I watched a review at someone point when I thought I would replace them and apparently they are pretty good according to what I can find.

The one review mentioned really low amp draw and that you could daisy chain a bunch of them off a MB header.

I wanted to know if anyone can verify that? O was going to run 3 of them of one header for my 360 rad and 2 off another header for my 240 rad.

If that isn't ok, what do people think of the SilverStone PWM fan hub?

Thanks

You want not to exceed 1 amp total draw on any one motherboard fan header. That is what most of them are rated for but you may find some boards with higher fan header amp ratings. No experience with the Silverstone controller.

I have 3 way splitter running into the lower fan header for my system, works just fine. Was supposed to have another one but lost it in the shuffle, ended up working just fine for cable management to run the others to the other headers.

Any of the headers labeled WP(water pump) on that board I think there's three or four are rated for 2A which is more than enough to power those fans.

Any of the headers labeled WP(water pump) on that board I think there's three or four are rated for 2A which is more than enough to power those fans.

Good to know. Thanks for the info. It may come in handy someday. I suspect this is common practice with motherboard manufacturers to make the WP headers beefier.

Back