• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 2000+ and AX-7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jetboy

Registered
Is my CPU running too hot? Under full load using Toast i get a max temp of 58* and when running Prime95 for 12 hours i get a max temp of 57*. My case temp is 36* max but this is when it gets heated up from the CPU after 12 hours + max load. Idle temps are around 44* CPU and 34* case. Before i had the same settup with a Duron 800 @ 1020 and it never got above 41* CPU and 32* case. I am not using a shim with the settup. Is it possible that the rubber spacers on the CPU arent allowing the AX-7 to make full contact with the die? If i use a shim, should i remove the rubber feet on the CPU? I am using ASIII and it has had 4 days to burn in. My system is stable and i get no errors running the torture test for Prime95 for 24 hours, i am just not used to seeing that sort of temps. I am using MBM to check temps and they are equal to temps in the bios. My system specs are below. Any help and experience about this would help me alot. Thnx in advance.

Back