• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

YAMAHA DS-XG labtop soundcard (win2k errors)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
E

ebola

my friend has a Toshiba 4300 Series labtop with a yamaha ds-xg sound card. he put win2k on and now he gets a clicking noise when he plays mp3s. cds work fine though. i think its a win2k problem since it was working fine with 98. but he put on 2k after he sent in his labtop to toshiba to have it fixed. so there is the posibility that they messed something up.

any ideas here? if you need more data let me know and I'll ask him.

i tried putting the new drivers on but it still crackles. which set did you use. thanks.

maybe an irq problem? run "msinfo32" from start/run, and then click Hardware Resources, then IRQs.

there are 3 things running on irq 11 the sound card and 2 pci bus controlers that are the exact same

ok i put it on and then when it restarted the computer it prompted the hardware wizard asking for a location of drivers?

Back