• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z4 needs some respesct.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spleener

After looking at Hoots eval of the Z4 It seems to me that some of you need to eat some crow! :)

The block ran neck and neck with the swiftech, and did better than the Maze2.

Lesson to those who make sweeping statements based on emotions..

Thanks for clearing the air Hoot.

The do have some service issues. 4 week delivery when they advertise 2, and poor email response. When ya talk to them on the phone they seem very nice at least. Also, their parts are not cheap but ya know, given Hoot's benchmarks, they really dont need to be cheap.. let someone else be the K-mart brand.

I think alot of people slam them because they get stuck in brand loyal issues and they recommend products based on their happiness with a product and NOT based on objective data. Seems lots of people have Maze2 blocks and they are happy so you get alot of people recommending them.. Then the data comes out and they dont perform as well. Of course in their defense it looks like Hoot got a block that didnt fit just right.. But then, that says a little something doesnt it?

I will say this.. The Z4 kit is crippled by the default radiator.. The 5X7 radiator with the fan glued on IS a ripoff.. I was getting 47 degrees full load!! I went down to AutoZone and got a Chevy heater core (100% copper) for 20 bucks and now Im running 37 full load. I am using the same fan, I just added a flange

I must be getting old, I was waitin on Hoot to review the Z4.....I thought Hoot was in Chicago on business.....When did I miss the Z4 review......I must be getting alzheimers or somethin :beer:

Silversinksam said:
DorrellCo,

My first Post at Procooling, they shouldnt mess with a Hot Stank like me :D
Hehehe, don't make it your last!!! it is a good place.

You have an old block.. Also, The new Z4 block doesnt have overlapping channels.

Also, when you review an item.. When you use the tone you used, you clearly demonstrate a bias against the product.

I think its a great block. I am running XP1900 at 1750, stable and still climbing.. Temps at full load are 38 and Im also cooling a GF3 oc'd to 261/540. Im using their pump which is working great Im running through my own heater core.

Am I 100 percent happy with company? No, do I think they make a good product, yes. Also, their brand new block is miles above the one you tested. Progress happens in the tech industry. I dont see any of the faults you had on my ciurrent block.

Oh and NO im not assoc with CPUfx (that is one thing they DO do is pose as users.. That ****es me off.)

donny_paycheck said:

Well hey, at least you're Folding for the team though, right? Maybe you'll cure yourself with your overclocked computer! :p

I'm buying a 1.8a or 2.0a in the next day or so and getting rid of old Wilma.....Only paid $181 for the 2000 wilma and I can get a 1.8a for about that price so Im selling wilma and sayin hello to Northwoody :D

PS Damn right Im foldin, I'll catch up to you sooner or later Donny, you and Flounder both hehe

I lost a Protein A workunit that I finished yesterday as it wouldnt sent the dang results. :temper:

Personally I am not fond of aluminum and copper being mixed. If they would release an ALL copper or copper/lexan model then they may appeal to the water cooling world.

Spleener said:
You have an old block.. Also, The new Z4 block doesnt have overlapping channels.

Also, when you review an item.. When you use the tone you used, you clearly demonstrate a bias against the product.

I think its a great block. I am running XP1900 at 1750, stable and still climbing.. Temps at full load are 38 and Im also cooling a GF3 oc'd to 261/540. Im using their pump which is working great Im running through my own heater core.

Am I 100 percent happy with company? No, do I think they make a good product, yes. Also, their brand new block is miles above the one you tested. Progress happens in the tech industry. I dont see any of the faults you had on my ciurrent block.

Oh and NO im not assoc with CPUfx (that is one thing they DO do is pose as users.. That ****es me off.)
That block was 2 weeks old when I tested it. And guess where they got their new design that they made a few weeks after I made that thread!!!;) Read the whole thread.....

I was not biased against them untill I recieved their block. Then I lost all respect for them. My results are acurate and follow suit with anyones temps I seen that has the block. SubPar for a $50 block plain and simple.

How you get those temps with that block is a miracle as no one else can acheive that with the best blocks there is with normal room temps.

As for stealing my and Fixittts design that is another subject...

DorrellCO said:

As for stealing my and Fixittts design that is another subject...

That happens all the time, Just ask Bladerunner.....

But Bladerunner is a heluva craftsman and a nice guy.

Blades GF Waterblock
asuswcmk2gmed.jpg

The Clone of Bladerunners design(not nearly as nice btw)

GF3_installed.jpg

PS Dorrelco, You know who Eli from this Thread is

As that looks like a gemini type of block posted on 12-25-2001 05:34 PM

Silversinksam said:

That happens all the time, Just ask Bladerunner.....

But Bladerunner is a heluva craftsman and a nice guy.

Blades GF Waterblock
asuswcmk2gmed.jpg

The Clone of Bladerunners design(not nearly as nice btw)

GF3_installed.jpg

PS Dorrelco, You know who Eli from this Thread is

As that looks like a gemini type of block posted on 12-25-2001 05:34 PM
I don't care if it happens all the time, dosn't make it right or respectable. And the fact that people know what they do (not just CPUFX) and still support it makes it all that much worst.

No I don't know who he is, but that is very close to what I did with my mini Spiral. One more reason why I will never sell it. Fixittt also has made one similar to both of ours.

Bladerunner is an exellent craftsman. I seen his stuff at procooling. How he does that stuff with out a mill is cool. Just imagine what he could do with better equipment!!!

Back