• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman water cooling system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

banzdaman

Registered
I recently bought Zalman Reserator I Water-Cooling System and I have never used any cooling other than air before. I didn't do too much research before buying this, just saw it on sale at Fry's and picked it up along with my new monitor. Anyways, what do you guys think about this fanless water cooling system?

It has a big resevoir for water and I have an ice machine in the same room as my computer, would I be able to throw some ice cubes in there before a long night of gaming to keep it cooler? Also, I have a window ac unit, would it be worth it to set the resevoir in front of that since the resevoir just like a big heatsink?

yep, yep, and yep

you do need to worry about corrosion/contamination though if you're adding impure fluid to the thing though

any one of the things you've mentioned will lower the temps for the duration that its placed there or on or hasn't melted, but temps sholdn't be that bad at all

what kind of temps are you looking for anyways?

I don't really know, cooler than a good hsf. In that review I linked, it showed a good hsf fan got better temps, probably a lot cheaper too. Is there a better cooling option you could recomend, I am a fan of noiseless cooling or very little noise. $300 is about my limit on cooling. Then again, this Zalman system will probably be alright, just wondering if its worth the money.

Could I do that? Would I need to put some anti-freeze in the water? Also how could I run the tubing out of the freezer and leave the door closed?

I don't get it.

You bought the Reserator, presumably it is sitting right there, and you're asking us how it performs?

Hook the thing up and find out.

Then rush back here and tell us how it works.

got to say clocker2 you got some brassy ones if you would do that kind of mod puting a laptop with that rig just think of the bag he would need for that let alone the set up time lol

cool, how much did it cost? and how is it compared to other watercooling kit like thermaltake and Koolance? I don't know why koolance cost a lot though. Is it like the best premade-kit ever?

nkcd said:
cool, how much did it cost? and how is it compared to other watercooling kit like thermaltake and Koolance? I don't know why koolance cost a lot though. Is it like the best premade-kit ever?
Its expensive !! Compares to just below(not as well) koolance and Tt.
The Reserator sure looks cool as heck though !! I would like to use it as a res next to my system.

As for the ICE cube idea, just make yer ICE cubes out of distilled water and youll be fine.

I have a window ac unit, would it be worth it to set the resevoir in front of that since the resevoir just like a big heatsink?
You are right indeed. Direct some moving air onto it and it should perform better (not noticably though). The Reserator relies on the body of water rather than airflow, much like a bong cooler.
As for temps, You will see temps comparable to high end Hetasinks. Yet this depends on your processor.
Enjoy the good looks.

Back