• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4B533 Mem Issues. 3:4, 4:3 problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrRuckus[RC]

Registered
Posted this else where and received no response. maybe you guys know the issue?

Ok. This has been driving me up the wall for the past day or so. I recently purchased a stick of Corsair PC3200 Platinum to see if I could get my 1.6a any closer to 3Ghz heaven. I was quite lucky and did get it to 171Mhz FSB = 2736Mhz. It would even boot into windows @ 175Mhz FSB. Im very happy with the OC but not very happy with this mobo. For whatever reason, I cant get 4:3 to stick past 132Mhz in the BIOS. Once I goto 133Mhz+ it switches to 3:4. I would like to try something like 160Mhz FSB with 4:3. (Im stuck right now with 171Mhz set to 1:1 ) Does anyone know of this is a limitation of the mobo itself? Diff BIOS's (even a Beta from the germany site) dont seem to change this.

Setting the ram to SPD and then trying to change it also has no affect.

My Brother's IT7-MAX will do it. Damn you Asus.. (or damn me. If Im missing something )

just curious - what would a 4:3 divider give you for your cpu / mem settings??

160 / 4 * = a mem speed of 120mhz or ddr 240

am i right?

im running an it7 and have it set to 3:4 and a fsb of 150 gives me a ram speed of DDR 400 !

2.26 = 17 * 150 = 2.55

im just not sure why the 4:3 divider would be preferred? it would take a really high bus speed to get your ram to a worth while speed - unless im missing something.

BTW Nforcer, you are very right. I think it is for exactly the opposite of what mjones73 said. To me it sounds like 4:3 would be ideal for running a 533Mhz chip with PC1600 Ram. Only reasoning I can see behind it (why you would want to tho is beyond me). I just wish Asus would have made 3:4 an option. These work arounds are fine, but I would like to run my PCI/AGP in spec with the 3:4 option. Why they chose to have 4:3 take over with anything higher then 132 is beyond me. And automatically take over ontop of that (ie, you set the 3:4, go above 132. All the sudden it switches to 4:3.. :mad: )

The IT7 has this as an avail option. :rolleyes:

what memory do you have and what voltage are you using for the memory??

my system is 98% stable at this speed but will randomly reboot maybe every 2 or 3 days?? (wtf?)

i have samsung pc2700 and the speeds are 2.5,6,3,3 and the voltage is at 2.8 in the bios (actual reading is 2.75v)

any advice? not sure if my 2 sticks will handle any more speed or not?

also - what sandra scores did you get with ddr 450 - must be smokin!

oops sorry - just looked at the jpeg file - nice scores

still - what is your memory voltage?

thanks

ps - nice overclock 1.6 @ 2.71 !!!!! geez.....my 2.26 wont do anything that intense with the cooling i have now - getting water soon

Mem is at 2.9v which is as high as the P4B533-E will allow. I figured it would be killing my ram with heat but it seems to be cold to the touch even at its current speed. (I do have a Lian-Li PC-60 Case, with a modded Blowhole in the top. Could be one reason why the Ram is cold.)

sounds like an issue that has been disscussed in other forums. I think this is the motherboard where the 3:4 multiplier is actualy 4:3 and the 3:4 multiplier is actualy 4:3 at fsb 133 and above. You can read about it on other threads and even the front page of www.overclockers.com. Some people are using it to there atvantage to get the full power of ddr400 by running the drr at 200mhz and the fsb at 150mhz

Back