• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Memory for Asus A7N8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How high a FSB are you planning on running? Corsair is great memory, I recommend whatever you buy, get 1 stick instead of 2.(1 stick of 512 instead of 2 sticks of 256)

fast memory

My plans for the rig is to overclock as high as possible...

thanks

1 stick of XMS3500 Cas2 512MB will run you $200 in the states a stick of XMS3200 Cas2 512MB will run $165 in the states. They will both easily handle 200+ FSB so the call is yours...

I think 3200 is plenty for your rig, I am sure others will say go with the 3500.

so how come 1 stick is recommended over the 2 for dual channel? does the dual not make THAT much of a difference?

if you buy get 2x256, otherwise the whole benefit of an Nforce2 board is wasted. They are designed to take advantage of the 2 sticks running simultanelously from what I understand and have read . I could be wrong and if so let me know.

Also a 256 stick by itself will be better to o/c with than a 512. But I would go with 2x256 you pick the flavour. I have seen good things about OCZ , GEIL & Corsair

Cisco KID

a7n8x seems take a great benefit of the Dual-Channel DDR support and thus you have to got a 2 sticks to use it.

i have a7n8x with 2x 256 2100 micron ram, oc at 161 fsb, when i bench it with sisoft sandra i got
mem: 2470
when i try 1 stick i got like 2240 at the same fsb...
so 2 sticks would be better :)

btw: corsair has release a new dual channel memory that support the dual channel called twinx, i havent try it or seen any review on it, but seems a good choice for nforce2 mobos.

btw: corsair has release a new dual channel memory that support the dual channel called twinx, i havent try it or seen any review on it, but seems a good choice for nforce2 mobos.

bla, bla, this is just old memory that THEY HAVE TESTED TOGETHER thus making sure they work nicely together, and don't forget the extra $ for this great new memory:p

Cisco and Hamad, dual ddr for current amd processors is mainly a gimmick. Lots of ppl have posted results that usualy reveal crippled overclockability and minimal performance gain, but a huge price increase also (1 512stick is cheaper than 2x256 in fact).

I say that if you assasin want top notch performance no matter the price, just get one stick of corsair pc35000 512mb low latency ram. Good to know you will go corsair, no doubt the best ram in the world

Back