• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compusa rebates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkgonra

I have had good luck with BB rebates , bad luck with Office Depot, Office Max and Circuit City. Anyone know if Compusa is good with rebates ?

they're not that good ..
I bought a 200gb HD on january, and only recently got my rebate back ($100) .. they didn't send me any notification email like the others (Office depot, staples -> using rebateshq.com -> Staples' rebates r the best, got all of em within 3 weeks).

Actually I have done a quite of bit of rebates and then only time I had a bad experience was when I lost $30 from WD. The last time I had a rebate from Compusa was about 2 years ago and it worked out fine.

I've done a lot of mail-in rebates with CompUSA. As long as you don't mind waiting about 2 months+ for your check, it should work out well. By the time you get the check you will have forgotten you were even getting a rebate back, so it's always a surprise (at least I always forget :) ).

-- Dave

CompUSA is SLOW and they tend to have a good number of lost ones too. I got one about 6 months later, if that. I haven't known of a CompUSA rebate that got to a person within the given time period(6-8 weeks) ever. Most are 3-6 months, if they do come.

Best Buy and Staples always get great rebate feedback. I haven't failed to get a Best Buy rebate ever, and they always come in the time period.

I haven't known of a CompUSA rebate that got to a person within the given time period(6-8 weeks) ever. Most are 3-6 months, if they do come.

There really should be some kind of law or regulation for this. If you follow the rules and you dont get a check it is theft just like them lifting your wallet. I tend to stay away from rebates because of this. I do however have one coming from office max. Should be here anyday according to the e-mail I got a couple weeks ago.

Twice I tried compusa rebates and like mentioned I got one about 4 months after mailing and I'm still waiting for the other. Its been about 18 months now:mad:

Their rebates take forever, dont be surprised if you recieve your rebate 3 or 4 month after you actually send it out.

Compusa does send the rebates, but they take a while.

I sent in a Netgear rebate for $40 in Feb. Just got the check this week. I seriously thought they forgot.

Back