• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i wish to thank some folks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infinitwisdom

Registered
thanks to JCLW and a few others i finally got my computer up and running again, and better yet i got my bx board running a 1 ghz processor at 133 mhz fsb! i could not find a suitable slot one replacement that was not sky high in price, so i bought a socket 370 to slot 1 converter card with a intel pentium III 1000EB coppermine on it. much to my suprize my computer gave me no trouble running at a true 133 fsb. i don't understand why the multiplier is now given as 7.5, but then again who does understand all that stuff. i am running this on an ASUS P3B-F. i also bought a new hard drive, 40 gigs of space on a Maxtor ata 133 drive, so i got an ata 133 card to go with it. currently my memory is 768 mb, but when i get a replacement for the newest 256mb stick of memory that my computer can recognize all of, i will be maxed out at 1 gig of memory as well. i also bought a vantec 83.4 cfm case fan and when my new memory is in place i am going to duct it to the processor fan for maximum cooling. i now have a total of three hard drives all total up to a tidy 80 gigs.
which is nice when you want to store a lot of media on the computer.

i notice there are lots of folks out their claiming that this asus board will take chips faster than 1 ghz. NOT according to ASUS, they say it will max out with the newest bios (1008 beta 4) at 1ghz and does with this bios support tualatin chips no higher than that. i can only go to 140 fsb and 150 fsb but neither are stable, but i already broke the ghz mark wich is where i wanted to be.

i was lapping the old 800E and it was domed, so to speed things up i used a dremmel with an etching tool on it and slipped.
needless to say that was the end of that chip, and the reason for having to buy the new one. let that be a lesson to you folks out there, dont use power tools on a processor, you will $%# it up in a hurry.:) :D :cool:

Back