• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone getting good result with TEC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toastman23

I was wondering if anyone using peltier with Maze 3-1? Because right now, I am not very satisfy with my danger den's set up. Got 35C idle running my 2100 at 2.0Ghz @ 1.4volt. So I was thinking if a peltier can drop my temperature more.

Of course a pelt will give you better temps. Is it worth it though? Extra PSU, some one-way work to the MB(can't get the grease back out of the socket holes), hotter water which will decrease cooling on any other non-pelt blocks you have. I've got a pelt on my vid and couldn't be happier. It's at the end of my loop so it doesn't affect the other blocks. It takes a little extra to keep the water cool though.

If you are not getting good results on straight water, then the added heat from the pelt may be too much for your current WC system. I would be careful because if the water temp is too high, the pelt will not be very effective

at tec should help any situation, the problem with most people is that they get the biggest one possiple thinking, bigger is always better:p

i would recomend a tec around 126w-170w, which i'm sure would lower your temps and you can easily handle that, a 226w is another issue:D

good luck

a side note

had you thought about phase change?
tec psu 65-120 + tec 30-40 = 95-160:eek:
if you get lucky with parts about 100-200 phase change heaven:D

N

Last edited:
Where can I get phase change parts for under 200$? Is it really possible tho?

toastman23 said:
Where can I get phase change parts for under 200$? Is it really possible tho?

getting it all a little hard, but building it, very possible, ex

capillary 10
tubing 3/8 10
tubing 1/4 10
drier 10
block 25-50
compressor get it at junk 0-50
solder flux 5
solder cable 8
torch 20
tip to make adapter to use propane 12
propane bottle 3
valves, misc 10
tube cutter 5

price 128-203

example, I got some ac compressors, one guy gave me three, two 5000btu, a 15000btu, for about 30 dollars:D

Also you don't really need gauges and you can use another compressors as a vacum pump,

just get the parts with luck and you can set your system with less than 200 :D

I run a 156w peltier setup, that fits cleanly into my box, I would consider the phase change solution if it were not for all the space it requires.

Jon...

Back