• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which i875 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

(HR)Titan

which mobo to choose
FIC 875P Max
or
Gigabyte 8KNXP
or
INTEL D875PBZ "Bonanza"
and second question ;
does my 400 mhz cpu will work on that mobos
or i must wait for 800 mhza

thx

All of them look pretty kick ***. There are better boards
if you're looking into overclocking.

And yes, you can run your 400Mhz FSB CPU because Canterwood
supports 400/533/800

Lonely Raven said:
And yes, you can run your 400Mhz FSB CPU because Canterwood
supports 400/533/800

Actually I thought it only supports 533 and 800.

EDIT: Nope, according to the specs it does support 400mhz FSB. I see no reason why it wouldn't but the mobo manufacturers only seem to mention 533 and 800.

EDIT v.2: My cousin is putting a new machine together and I've got my eye on boards for him. Currently I'm looking at the Abit IC7 and IS7, which look pretty good. The IC7 lacks onboard LAN and the IS7 is actually 865PE but it the price is nice without too many extras he probably won't use. Good luck choosing!

Last edited:
i was thouth that canterwood supports 533/800
but oviously i was wrong
thx guys

I have a Gigabyte 8IK1100 canterwood and it does support 400 fsb chips. - however, the memory options are only 2.0x and 2.66x with the 400 fsb chip. And worse, no matter what you set it at it doesn't seem to run the memory async at 400 fsb. I got a 2.4B and my memory scores jumped through the roof even with the memory running at (the baord said) 333 both ways. With a 533 fsb processor you get 2.0x, 2.5x and 2.66x as memory options.

It seems some 875P boards will support 400fsb P4's, but most won't. The simple answer is to check the website of the manufacturer. I'm sure i've seen a couple of 875P boards that do support 400fsb, but i can't for the life of me remember which ones (think the Asus P4C800 might be one)

Back