• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Insulation/ water chilling and condensation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Warshed

Registered
I am going to try water cooling my PC soon and I want to use a frige to cool the reservoir, but I am really scared of the condensation. Currently I am running a normal window fan straight into my computer which only creates a low humm. Would it be possible to just use this fan to keep the condensation from forming? If not, does anyone have any pics of how to insulate? I have read everything I can on insulation but I am not sure how to apply it to the CPU socket or the waterblock. I keep hearing people talk about 3 types of insulation and wonder what to use where. Can anyone lend me a hand?

Thank you so much camel. The last piece of the puzzle finally falls into place. I can finally proceed.

good luck on your setup. im getting parts for mine now. be sure to post pics as you go (i might want to steal some of your ideas ;)).

Warshed said:
Thank you so much camel. The last piece of the puzzle finally falls into place. I can finally proceed.

No problem...

I was looking for something else when I ran across it, and remembered your post. :)

Wish I had found it two weeks ago before I put together my W/C, might have gone the extra mile, and did that myself. I probably dont need it my rad sits in front of a window A/C unit, and unless I go idle for awhile it doesnt get cold enough for condensation. I did play around the other night, and sorta shrouded the A/C to get all the air through the rad, and had it down to 15c then everything was sweating :)

Back