• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit NF7 mobo and ? what type of ram???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimmy jim jim

Registered
i may be buying this mobo by months end and wanted to ask about ram with this board?

What is everyone running / also what is your chip and what is your fsb speeds that are STable....

thanks for your help

I've got Corsair 3200 (1 gig worth) and have gotten up to 216 stable, but I'm still in the testing stages. Only regret is that I wish I had 3500 or 3700 ram. That's the reason for me topping out. My ram is rated at 400 MHz and I'm pushing it to 430, I've got a DLT3C JIUHB 0310 1700+

i may be a fluke but i'm running generic pc2100 at 171. 2.5 3 2 9. it's rock solid as well. for the most part corsair XMS, twinmos and OCZ are the flavors of choice. some like mushkin.

i personally will be going with OCZ pc3500 platinum i beleive it is. $78 a shot for 256MB @ newegg. works for me!

Wow i think i may trade the soltek 75frn2-l mobo in to retirement this month!

I have done alot of surfing and reading material on the abit mobo and looks to have it's quams but also has many + too.

I think christmas has come early for me this year gonna go get one.

How about buffalo?

My 512mb PC3200 @ 2-3-3-5. running 444mhz(222fsb) @ 2.9V

Following "mods" on the motherboard:

nb.JPG

nice picture.........

drooooooooool

Okay you say 1 stick of 512 buffalo ram is getting overclocked to those speeds..

Cisko kid is right behind me on this one wonder which one of us is going to get the board first ehehehehe..

I wanted to make sure that this board was better than the soltek for the ram deparment/ example my ocz pc 3200 stick should take me higher than i am getting if i can go higher on the abit board i am most likely gonna sell the soltek fur sureeeeee.:)

+ the abit looks so sexier than neon yellow :p

In regards to the picture of jlin453 anyone else who pimped out the NF7 mobo please send in i wanna get a list ready to do when board is still in box.

For instance the bridge fan will get a arctic silver 3 lapping
Some other mods i will want to do before it goes together so give me some ideas guys....

PS cisko kid i will have this board within the week, hehehehe

The best thing about that NB heatsink I have is it's cheap! For the price of the Zalman NB heatsink ($5), I bought that one. It's a thermalright one sold at www.bestbyte.net . It has a copper base :D

Btw, I don't know if it's TOTAL overkill. The NB gets pretty warm with this HS, so it's doing it's job :D

I also added some memory heatsinks to the SB, since I'm using the onboard sound.

HOLY CRAP, bestbyte has the HS for only $1.99!!!!
http://www.bestbyte.net/Product.cfm?ProductID=862&CategoryID=6&Keyword=

Not sure if I was allowed to post that, but I wanted to provide a link to the heatsink.

/////edit: btw, I'd like to add that you don't HAVE to upgrade the NB cooling. I did 215fsb fine with it. I jut got tired of hearing the little fan :D

Last edited:
I'm using Twinmos/Winbon PC3200 and went to 200 out of the box with my NF7-S 2.0 my stats can be found in my sig ;)

I have corsair XMS 3200 in my old KX7333R boards and have NEVER had any problems with it what so ever.. But I have seen a lot of very new brands of memory come into the market as of late that preforms very well, but I kinda stay to the rule of thumb--> You get what you pay for! so be careful when you see a deal that may be to good to be true, because more than likely... It isn't :D

Good Luck with your choice!

DpGravy

corsair is WAY to expensive for what they offer. in every test ive seen twinmos pc3200 doing at least 215mhz on an nf7. Now i dont know about prices over there, but over here in the U.K, twinmos is nearly half the price of the equivilant corsair.

james.miller said:
corsair is WAY to expensive for what they offer. in every test ive seen twinmos pc3200 doing at least 215mhz on an nf7. Now i dont know about prices over there, but over here in the U.K, twinmos is nearly half the price of the equivilant corsair.

Correct you are ;)

This is why I went with the Twinmos/Winbond PC3200 :D

So if you're interested in a VERY HighEnd low cost memory, I would suggest you CLICK THIS LINK NOW :eek: (that is if you're looking to save some MAJOR bucks)

Just my opinion :)

Dpgravy

james.miller said:

twinmos pc3700 512mb at your link....$120 + $9 for 3 day UPS = $129 and no heat spreader.

equiv. corsair at Newegg $162 free fedex saver (2-3 day delivery)

now where near half. in the US of course.

Well thanks for all thr tips i am going to get this mobo soon but found some stabl and good things happening with my soltek 75FRN2-L.

I will keep them both and build a second system ( that being the abit NF7).

what you guys think of the 2100+ AMd chip?

Back