• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK, so I cut the 5th L3 bridge...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mykex

...cause my 9volt wasnt strong enough to even tickle my tounge. :rolleyes:

Anyways, deed done and without futher delay the problem.

I cant get any lower than the 15X multi (7+8) for some odd reason, is this a know issue I keep missing going through the threads on it? The deal pretty much is I can get 2.3gig and change via high multis with it cut or around 2.2 stock at 176mhz FSB tops on a hot day.

My chipset has an massive heatsink on it and the case is well vented, the mobo really seems to max out at 178 and I drop two for stability. Short of it is I wanted to see if I could still push 176 on a higher multi or close to it.

Anyways is there anything I might be missing to get to the 6X, it's the rig in my sig.

I should count my blessings for now, it will post after a clear CMOS @ 20X100FSB as a matter of fact I'm typing on it right now like that. :eek:

Mykex,

I have a 2500+ & I'm thinking of cutting the bridges (3rd & 5th).

How hard was it to cut?

Keep me posted I'm interested if it works. I'm looking for the higher multipliers to see how far I can push this chip. It's up to 2125 at stock voltage righ now, but I'm maxed out at 12.5.

Thanks

Mykex said:
Anyways, deed done and without futher delay the problem.

I cant get any lower than the 15X multi (7+8) for some odd reason, is this a know issue I keep missing going through the threads on it? The deal pretty much is I can get 2.3gig and change via high multis with it cut or around 2.2 stock at 176mhz FSB tops on a hot day.

Anyways is there anything I might be missing to get to the 6X, it's the rig in my sig.

I should count my blessings for now, it will post after a clear CMOS @ 20X100FSB as a matter of fact I'm typing on it right now like that. :eek:

<a href="http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/index.htm"></a>
http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/index.htm
Link to Workarounds article. See esp the section dealing with "13X thru 14X does not boot" and the "constant 20X' issue. You might have a mobo with those legacy buffered circuits.
John C.

I attempted to blow the bridges on my new 1700+ but was unsuccessful.

I resorted to the wire-in-socket method which I found to be very easy.

Here is a link to the wire-in-socket method...

www.ocinside.de

Back