• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8K5A2+ Questions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ICU

Registered
Is there a bios that enables me to better control the PCI/AGP speeds on the EPOX 8K5A2+, I am rtying to get the FSB stable at 155, It boots fine but windows does'nt load, I am desperate to get more out of this board, I heard some were before that there is a hacked BIOS, can anyone confirm this?

I would like to lock the PCI/AGP/DIMM slots if that is possible, well not so much the dimm slots and were? is this 1/5 devider in the bios and what does that do?

You have no control over the dividers on an 8K5A2+. Getting to 155 is typically hard because the memory divider is 5/4 till 166Mhz. Don't think I've ever heard of anyone being able to run 155 for these reasons.

You need to have an unlocked cpu, drop the cpu multiplier and then jump the FSB to 166. 166 is easier than 155 if the cpu is unlocked. :D

I have set my ram to sync with the FSB, it is running great at 2.0, 3, 3, 6 at about 299.8mhz ddr.

I am running my FSB at 150 as we speak.

I have ruled out that it's not my ram that is holding me back, memtest86 run fine with a couple of passes.

trying for a fsb of 153 at the moment, but my PCI/AGP needs to be locked, ABIT NF7-S 2.0 here I come.

Have you lowered your multipliers (considering you cpu is unlocked)? You need to lower your multiplier to something lower, so that you will be able to achieve a higher FSB. Your aim should be to hit 166Mhz FSB so that the 4/5 divider will be turned on. 166 x 4/5 = 133. Once your divider kicks in your PCI and AGP slots will still be running at 33MHz and 66 MHz respectively.

-YB

My cpu is NOT unlocked, I wish it was..

I am also aware of the 4/5 divider on the fsb at 166, I would still reach for a higher FSB if my chip was unlocked.

150 is better than I've heard before on a KT333 mobo so you should feel good about that!

nForce2 boards are easier systems to OC and will unlock the cpu (not sure bout the older Pal cpu).

Don't know anything bout hacked bios for the KT333 so I'm no help there.

Good luck! :cool:

I guess your best bet would be to look into unlocking your CPU. An alternative would be to buy a T-Bred B CPU which comes already unlocked. And yea, that 150FSB is pretty good.

150 is pretty good, but if you skip up to 166 you shouldn't have any problems from the mobo assuming your cpu or ram don't hold you back. 166 will kick in the 1/5 pci multiplier and put everything into spec speeds on the board.

ICU, what is your processor? Even locked, many Athlons will run 166 FSB without major drama. For me, mid to high 150's were not nearly as stable as my 166 right now. I even am using the default 1.75V for the CPU. Let us know if 166 works.

Cheers

You really should unlock your CPU. I've never used FSBs under 166MHz under my board because of the divider. So i would set it at 166Mhz, everything running in spec and much faster.

DNAT said:
ICU, what is your processor? Even locked, many Athlons will run 166 FSB without major drama. For me, mid to high 150's were not nearly as stable as my 166 right now. I even am using the default 1.75V for the CPU. Let us know if 166 works.

Cheers

Putting her right upto 166 hey, without unlocking her, I'll try it.

My latest efforts are at an FSB of 155 :eek:

My chip is an XP2000+

AX2000MT3C
AGOIA 0209 TPAW
Y7882436947
© 1999 AMD

I put my chip right upto an FSB of 166mhz, would'nt boot.

I have her running at an FSB of 150, voltage of 1.825, memoery at 2.0, 2, 2, 5 running at the same fsb as the CPU.
XP2000+ running at 1875mhz, I would be happy with 1900mhz, well see how it goes, she is well and truly burnt in at an FSB of 150 now, been running that for over 2 months now.

My 8K5A2+ is running along just fine at 185 x 11 with an 1800+. Love the vdimm adjustments as my HyperX 3000 needs 2.8v to run stable.

spot on at 166

ICU,

I am running an XP1600 with 166 fsb. Multiplier is at 10.5 for a speed of 1753 MHz. Rig has been spot on. Vcore is at 1.84 and VDIMM is at 2.67. Might be worthwhile to check your PSU and the ATX connector to make sure it is up to snuff.

NVHammerman

Back