• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subzero

i just wanna know if and how many ppl have gotten a 2600+ up to 200mhz FSB cause i cant get past 180mhz and i know its not my RAM or motherboard cause the 2000+ i bought today was going strong and stable on 220mhz FSB so is my 2600+ justy a peace of crap or what? stepping of my 2600+ is AIUHB 0301

Are you trying to increase the front side bus using the stock multiplier? If so, this would most likely not be possible with a 2600+. You need to drop the multiplier and then increase the front side bus.

i have dropped the multi but still no luck. i found that the CPU gets a max of 2350mhz and when raising FSB i keep it under 2100mhz so i know its not that is it possible its voltage? im scared to give it more than 1.80v but i have given my old 1800+2.10v and my new 2000+ 2.00v would upping my voltage help it get higher FSB?

Is that 2600+ a 333FSB version or the 266? If its the 333 it could be a problem, its L12 bridges have to be moded into a 266FSB, I'm not sure which bridge you have to cut/blow but you could take a look at ur 2000+ and see which bridges are cut and cut the one that is connected on ur 2600+.

Well, the L12 are for sort of default FSB setting. I know that I heard many stories of people can't go to high FSB with nforce2 mobos, till they made the mod to get their chip's default FSB setting to 266MHz, this way they got a much higher FSB speeds without any problem

Yes, I was thinking about this also. For pre-ultra based nForce2 motherboards, having the default front side bus at 133mhz as opposed to 166mhz can often allow the motherboard to yield higher front side bus rates. Here's some more info.

You don't have to cut, you can "Pop" your bridge, its easy to do and pretty safe. Make sure you read the whole thread tho.
I personally used 5v from the PSU, because 1. I didn't have to go and buy a battery and 2. its safer, because if the battery can't supply you enough juice you can screw up the bridge, so its not in full contact nor fully disconnected, as PSU can supply a pretty high current this can be avoided.

Back