• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Ryzen 2600 Benchmark Spotted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So its the same intercore and CCX latency, cache has improved. Outside of that, can't make out much over the rest...

Here's another one. https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-3dmark-benchmarks-leaked-18-faster-vs-1700x-cheaper/

There were some registers in the cahe that were disabled in the initial Ryzen CPU, The ASUS team found a way to leverage those using BIAS settings on the CHVI and improved scores in CB15/11.5 GB and AIDA. In CB 15 it was about 50 Pts by enabling the BIAS in BIOS. According to elmor these were disabled because not all CPU would remain stable with them active.

It does not seem to me that a replacement processor or motherboard is needed if you already have the 1st gen equipment????

It does not seem to me that a replacement processor or motherboard is needed if you already have the 1st gen equipment????

Correct, AMD said when launching first gen Ryzen that any motherboard for 1st gen Ryzen will support 2nd gen Ryzen and 3rd gen (7nm) as well I believe. If I remember correctly, they said that the first gen boards would be supported until at least 2020 which should take you through 4th gen Ryzen (7nm refresh presumably).

No but they do build the chipsets and control what the manufacturer can do with those chipsets and also determine which CPUs will work in which sockets. Just like the 8700K you just mentioned needs and new z370 board even though it uses the same socket as the z170/270 motherboards. People have managed to "hot wire" 270 boards ti run 8700Ks so it's not a motherboard limitation it's all about the money selling a new chipset.

Correct, AMD said when launching first gen Ryzen that any motherboard for 1st gen Ryzen will support 2nd gen Ryzen and 3rd gen (7nm) as well I believe. If I remember correctly, they said that the first gen boards would be supported until at least 2020 which should take you through 4th gen Ryzen (7nm refresh presumably).

Correct, instead of 2 Gens per socket like AMD has done in the past, they will be guaranteeing 3 Gens for each socket they design. However that doesn't mean that Ryzen 2 will not have it's own socket to start the next generation of CPUs.

Well, we have two chipsets out and 1.5 generations of cpus... it may not be mandatory, but, if you want the latest support....

Oh gee, I just choked on my tea.
But Intel doesn't build mobos?
They used to a few generations back... maybe last was z68/z77 for sandybridge.

Thank you, beautiful people! I ran out of "Thanks!" and wanted to make sure everyone knows I thanked.

I did read up on people using 87k on previous Mobo. Fascinating stuff! Although it does make me feel even more discouraged to upgrade often. I like what and is doing with their sockets!

I don't recall that. People ran away from their boards, at least enthusiasts at most websites anyway. I am sure they were OK, but, wasn't part of the major 3/4 or four back then.

Well, then. I thought I heard they made decent boards. Server boards, maybe? I can't recall where I heard it or which board(s) specifically. Wouldn't be the first time my memory screwed me over. LOL

I think "decent" depends on what you want from a mobo. Intel certainly wasn't trying to capture the OC gaming RGB 1337 crowd.

Seems like a decent bump up from the first gen Ryzen. But it makes no sense comparing the new AMD Ryzen 6C/12T and 8/16T offerings to the two generations old Intel Skylake 4C/8T i7-6700K. The competition is the current Intel Coffee Lake 6C/12T i7-8700K.

I'm sure you'll see those comparisons in about a month ;)

Well, then. I thought I heard they made decent boards. Server boards, maybe? I can't recall where I heard it or which board(s) specifically. Wouldn't be the first time my memory screwed me over. LOL

IIRC Intel did make Motherboards (Socket 775 and others). They build their motherboards as "The Standard" which did not include nice extra's that the AIB's included. IIRC they did not OC well BUT where build to "Get The Job Done", NOT to be flashy.
I think Intel moved to making just Server Boards. Higher profits :)

Back