• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anybody else have a boot problem with thier IC7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
yeah I have had it from day one. When I am oc'ing and messing with my mem timings and I happen to select one that won't allow me to boot i have to re-boot 3 to 4 times before it will post. Hit the power button...all the lights come on...black screen...no post...repeat 3 to 4 times until post screen pops up.

It's worse now with the official 1.7v bios. It does it when my computer has been safley turned off (via windows shut down) overnight. I get up in the morning to drink my 60oz. of coffee and check my e-mails by turning on my computer and its like no-boot-city.....I have to re-boot 3 to 4 times before I get the post screen. I didn't have that problem with any other bios version including the beta 1.7v I got from Mica.

Anybody have anything similar?

krag said:
.....I have to re-boot 3 to 4 times before I get the post screen. I didn't have that problem with any other bios version including the beta 1.7v I got from Mica.

the official 1.7v bios stinks...lots of peeps hate it.
buggy as hell.

the 1.7b1 that I gave you seems better....not that it's not a little buggy as well. just seems a lot better to me.
infact, since I only have a 2.4b, I may just go back to the beta 1.5 that I realy like.
or I could go way back to 1.4....that was my best bios as far as max OC/with lower voltage need then now.

why does it seem like every new bios that abit puts out, it adds a few things...but just gets more unstable/buggy???

I swore off asus after getting this great mobo, yet asus seems to help people out with better and better bios's.
I will say that my voltage readings are alot better then my P4PE, and I think I got a great OC from a nice chip with this board.
abit better alow prescott with this IC7 or I may try asus again.

(sorry for going on and on)
mica

krag said:
yeah I have had it from day one. When I am oc'ing and messing with my mem timings and I happen to select one that won't allow me to boot i have to re-boot 3 to 4 times before it will post. Hit the power button...all the lights come on...black screen...no post...repeat 3 to 4 times until post screen pops up.

It's worse now with the official 1.7v bios. It does it when my computer has been safley turned off (via windows shut down) overnight. I get up in the morning to drink my 60oz. of coffee and check my e-mails by turning on my computer and its like no-boot-city.....I have to re-boot 3 to 4 times before I get the post screen. I didn't have that problem with any other bios version including the beta 1.7v I got from Mica.

Same here it just got worse with bios 17 and the only solution for me at the moment is to disable CPU Fan monitoring/Shutdown when CPU Fan Fail in the bios and I monitor the CPU fan in Windows w/MBM5. Most people would not want to do this but hey I've had this problem for 3 months now and I was almost getting grey hairs from it.

Well, that sucks!!! I am hoping that the Max 3 doesnt' have any of these problems cause I'm getting one tomorrow. :) I wonder how long we will have to wait for the 1.8v of the bios?

Hello Krag..

Funny i happend to come over this thread, since i have the exact same problem only that my mobo wont start even after 3-4 times.

I still cannot make it post, all lights come on just like yours even the fans and hdds starts to spin but black screen and no beep from the mobo.

I have yellow and red status diods lighting up when mobo starts.
This happen 2 days ago just over night as you said.
If it would be the BIOS i have 16 i belive how could i fix it as cmos clear wont fix it.

^^^Floorkiller^^^ said:
Hello Krag..

Funny i happend to come over this thread, since i have the exact same problem only that my mobo wont start even after 3-4 times.

I still cannot make it post, all lights come on just like yours even the fans and hdds starts to spin but black screen and no beep from the mobo.

I have yellow and red status diods lighting up when mobo starts.
This happen 2 days ago just over night as you said.
If it would be the BIOS i have 16 i belive how could i fix it as cmos clear wont fix it.

Did you change anything before this happend? Like mem timings, fsb change, etc...? If you cant' get it up and running I would RMA it

Here is a RMA Faq on the Abit forums I hope this will help.

krag said:

Did you change anything before this happend?

No other change of timings, fsb or ratio.

FSB at 253/1:1
The only problem with RMA is i have placed the NB heatsink on my SB with articsilver epox :rolleyes: .
I sure dont think that will work well sending it back "modded".
My NB is modded too.

I have to work this out some way, im not 100% sure this is a BIOS problem, could be moist from Prometeia, white stuff under PCB is showing up on some areas on the backside of mobo.
Even though its not mutch i sense that it might could be the case of my problem.

But, i know this for sure:

I have had a computer repair guy :) to check my RAM, CPU and MOBO and what he found was that cpu and ram worked but mobo did not work.
Still the fans turn NB fan, vidcard fan, other fans and light shows on mobo and hdds spinning(at startup) but black screen and no beep, even the keyboard lights up at boot.

Its like its dead and alive at the same time, damn vierd..

What should i do?

Back