• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cmos HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bareboness69

Registered
Please hel ROOKIE overclocker tweaked memory settings in bios now mother board wont reboot. what do i have to do to reboot? THKS:( :( :(

Check your motherboard manual. you need to find the jumper that clears your cmos. the jumper will have 3 pins, 2 of which will be connected by a plastic jumper. You will need to move that jumper to the position that the manual indicates. Leave it like that for maybe 10 seconds or so then move it back. Make sure you unplug your PSU before doing this!

Depending on your motherboard you may need to remove the cmos battery, but I have never really needed to do this on any motherboard that had the jumper on it. What model motherboard do you have?

Like Deathknight said, need to know what your mobo is, but your manual should help you pinpoint the cmos jumper. I'd suggest removing the battery and switching the jumper to the reset position then leaving them for more than 10 mins before returning to the normal position.

sorry for the late reply got it all fixed bought a new mother board-A7N8X-X,the other one was or is an A7N8X-deluxe witch i took to a computer guy hey said dead mother board after he did some test on it ,well i got it home started fiddleing with it guess what it works.Thks for your reply

Back